Coordinator, Special Events (North Central)','MAR02321','!*!Job Overview:
The Special Events Coordinator, will promote, market and develop special events for the SW SO regional store locations for Macy's. This position networks and partners with key senior level executives in the stores as well as the Central Merchant organization. Performs other duties as assigned.
• Planning and executing sales-driving, brand-building in-store special events in collaboration with Macy's vendors and other strategic partners; includes managing freelancers/outside vendors, such as stylists, caterers, and production companies. Development of event proposals, budgets and execution strategies that are communicated and approved by Director (40%).
• Relationship Management with of all vendors and sponsors, which translate into event opportunities; identifying outside sponsors for Macy's special events to offset departmental expense. (20%).
• Managing the departmental budget, including writing purchase orders, tracking expense, following up with vendors, and compiling seasonal forecasts (15%) reconciling expenses.
• Writing Macy's event marketing advertising copy for online, radio, and in-store formats and coordinating the internal and external advertising approval processes (15%).
• Evaluating Macy's event marketing initiatives from both quantitative (e.g., sales, attendance) and qualitative standpoints (e.g., event flow, branding opportunity); reporting results to management (10%).
• Regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
• Bachelors Degree with focus in Marketing, Communications or the Arts preferred.
• 2-3 years of event coordination and execution experience, preferably in a retail environment.
• Proven financial skills-budgets and execution.
• Strong written and oral communications skills.
• Competence and comfort level with basic quantitative analysis.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to remain flexible to changing business needs.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel (including Power Point)
• Strong ability to manage several different projects simultaneously/grace under pressure.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
• Willingness to work nights and weekends when necessary stronger emphasis needed here.
• Must be willing to travel and possess a valid driver's license.
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. ','','United States-Illinois-Chicago','Parade, Annual Events, and Entertainment','Coordinator, Special Events (North Central)