Requisition ID 2018-2928
Location US-Washington, DC
Posted Date 3/8/2018
Department Public Relations
More information about this job
OgilvyFKH is seeking an entry-level communications professional with high potential and a demonstrated interest in healthcare to join our Health & Wellness Group. Our new AAE will join our office to support the strategic communications and activities for a variety of healthcare clients. Our AAE will show an innate curiosity, a can do attitude, drive for excellence and ability to manage multiple assignments in a fast-paced, exciting and dynamic environment.
Our new AAE will have the opportunity to work with innovators and disruptors at the forefront of healthcare innovation. Our uniquely diverse healthcare clients include emerging biotechs, global pharmaceutical companies, government agencies, advocacy groups, medical device and diagnostic companies, policy organizations and more.
Youll find our alumni in leadership positions across the healthcare industry; this opportunity could be your first step in joining their ranks as highly successful industry experts.
* Research: Help with research, including Internet searches and media and stakeholder audits, and analyze information and data to provide succinct, accurate summaries and reports
* Writing and Editing: Draft foundational communications materials, including spokespeople bios, fact sheets, pitch letters, briefing documents, meeting minutes, etc., and provide copy editing support with minimal oversight from senior team members
* Media Outreach: Support PR activities by reviewing editorial calendars, developing media lists and pitching trade and appropriate consumer reporters,
* Media Monitoring: Research and analyze media coverage, identifying corrections (as needed) and develop daily monitoring reports as part of a teams larger media engagement strategy for clients
* Event Support: Assist with coordination of client events, including medical meetings, satellite media tours, advisory boards, etc., and liaise with third-party vendors
* Finance: Prepare well-documented, thorough reports of monthly team activities to support client invoice process
* Administrative Support: Arrange client meetings and internal team meetings, and participate actively in team meetings to demonstrate increasing knowledge and understanding of healthcare industry
* Bachelors degree in communications or related field
* 1-2 years of experience (internships or co-ops included) in public relations or corporate communications, preferably in the healthcare industry
* Understanding of the communications function, including how media engagement, awareness campaigns and other PR elements can help achieve communications goals
* Detail oriented, with strong writing, editing, researching and organizational skills
* Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at the same time
* Self-motivated and willing to take initiative
* Excellent computer skills with a high-level of comfort using Word, Excel and PowerPoint; prior experience with Cision and/or Factiva a plus
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?