Requisition Number: PK-12372
Area of Interest: Marketing
Brand/Division: Pottery Barn Kids
Position Type: Full-time
Brand Marketing Manager, Pottery Barn Kids and PBteen
About the Team
The Pottery Barn Kids and PBteen Brand Marketing team is passionate about our products, partnerships, programs, and most importantly, our people. We are strategic partners responsible for leading the development and execution of compelling and differentiated marketing programs that support our brand goals and objectives. We work closely with our teammates in Public Relations and Licensing to manage relationships with some of the company's most important brand partners. We are internal brand champions, forming strong relationships with cross-functional teams, including Product Development, Merchandising, Creative and Marketing, to bring the Pottery Barn Kids and PBteen brands to life.
About the Role
As Brand Marketing Manager you will develop, execute, and measure the effectiveness of brand marketing initiatives that increase brand awareness, engagement, acquisition and drive sales for the Pottery Barn Kids and PBteen brands. You will work closely with cross-functional partners to ensure marketing initiatives are cohesive across key channels, acting as a champion of brand objectives and an evangelist of great ideas across the company. The ideal candidate is retail-savvy, passionate about the consumer experience, and results driven.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will...
* Support Director of Brand Marketing to guide strategic development of annual brand plans and marketing objectives, including gaining alignment up to the Brand President level on all strategies and recommended initiatives.
* Develop programs to generate goodwill and buzz with target customers.
* Build strong working relationships with cross-functional business partners (including merchandising; product development; e-commerce; creative services; direct marketing; public relations; social media; finance; legal; customer service care center; catalog) to facilitate the execution and analysis of marketing initiatives.
* Grow and support key brand programs for Registry (Pottery Barn Kids) and Dorm (PBteen) with marketing support across retail, ecommerce and DTC channels.
* Plan and manage annual marketing budgets, including monthly forecasting.
* Facilitate the integrated campaign planning process by working closely with cross-functional partners to develop tactical marketing plans consistent with brand positioning, consumer target, seasonal theme and priority messaging.
* Partner with Creative Services, Product Development, and Merchant teams to spearhead cross-channel communication and ensure creative message/execution is on brand and delivers against program objectives.
* Build strong working relationships with cross-functional business partners to facilitate the execution and analysis of marketing initiatives.
* Identify marketing and business opportunities that are consistent with the Pottery Barn Kids and PBteen brand voice and positioning. If necessary, develop business plans to support ideas and present to executive leadership for approval.
* Develop and execute marketing promotions and partnerships that increase brand awareness, new customer acquisition and sales. Manage creative approval process for these promotions and partnerships.
* Manage the execution of strategic partner campaigns. Responsibilities include drafting creative briefs, proofreading, trafficking creative assets, obtaining external approvals, and maintaining production schedules. Review and ensure accuracy of all deliverables.
* Act as ambassador for Pottery Barn Kids and PBteen brands and primary point of contact for external partners, balancing external requests with internal brand objectives and priorities.
* Manage existing partnerships - including contract renewals/negotiation, marketing commitments, creative approvals and measurement.
Why you will love working at Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
* We're a successful, fast-growing company with an entrepreneurial vibe
* A technologically and data-driven business
* Competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits
* We're at the forefront of tech and retail, redefining technology for the next generation
* We're passionate about our internal and external clients and live/breathe the client experience
* We get to be creative on a daily basis
* A smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
* We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative
* We have fun!
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
We're excited about you because...
* Proven track record of creative and resourceful approaches to unique business challenges
* Demonstrated ability in making brand-appropriate strategic decisions
* Self--starter who approaches marketing with a creative, strategic, and tactical POV
* Excellent organization and prioritization skills; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
* Experience working with and presenting ideas to all levels of business partners, up to and including C-level executives
* Excellent written, communication and presentation skills required
* Strong quantitative skills required
* Works well independently and with a small team, project management skills and creativity a must
Technical Competencies required:
* 5+ years marketing experience
* 1-3 years of retail experience preferred
* Project management experience required
* Prior budget management experience required
* Ability to thrive in a cross-functional, team-based environment
* Bachelors degree required
About Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of high-quality products for the kitchen and home in the United States. Our family of brands are Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, PBteen, West Elm, Williams-Sonoma Home, Rejuvenation, and Mark and Graham. These brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We offer beautifully-designed, stylish and functional products for every area of the home, including the kitchen, living room, bedroom, home office, closet, laundry room and even outdoor spaces. We've seen some big changes since our first brick-and-mortar store opened more than half of a century ago. What hasn't changed is our passion for high-quality products, functional design, outstanding customer service, and enhancing the lives of our customers and the communities where we operate. Today, we're a multi-brand, multi-channel, global enterprise supported by state-of-the-art technology and some of the most talented teams in retailing - and we're always looking for new energy and ideas.
This role is not eligible for Visa sponsorship or relocation assistance.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other applicable state or local laws and ordinances.
Website : http://www.williams-sonomainc.com
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of home furnishings in the United States and Canada. Our brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry. We successfully market them through all three major channels — retail stores, catalogs, and the Internet.