Technology Public Relations Manager
The Public Relations Manager will play a critical role in creating and implementing public relations programs for NetApp. The role will be key in generating awareness and understanding of NetApp and the company's transformation among key internal and external audiences, including traditional press, new media and influencers.
You will work across product and marketing teams to build interesting stories that resonate with external stakeholders.
We are looking for a trusted communications advisor who is ready to tackle the next step in their career. Agency experience preferred, no previous in-house experience required.
* Manage public relations across product lines working alongside, and in support of, the Technology Public Relations Senior Manager
* Collaborate with business unit executives to think creatively about how to communicate NetApp's story externally.
* Lead PR activity across campaigns, product launches and events.
* Help manage the PR agency to deliver on key metrics and goals for the activity you manage.
* BA/BS degree or equivalent working experience
* 2-4 years' experience in media relations, public relations or other communication fields
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple deadlines and tasks, including managing up to executives
* A command of media relations and PR best practices
* Willing to travel
* Past experience building media relationships, preferably in tech
* Strong writing and editing skills
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Vets/Disabled.
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Job Segment: PR, Marketing Manager, Manager, Marketing, Management