Spectrum News North Carolina
serves the Triad (Greensboro, Winston-Salem and High Point), Wilmington, Charlotte, and the Triangle (Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill) markets and provides 24-hour local news, politics, features and weather seven days a week.
Spectrum Networks is looking for enthusiastic, talented and driven individuals to join the best and brightest in gathering, producing and delivering news that make a difference within a 24-hour breaking news environment!
Spectrum News is a 24-hour breaking news network which requires employees who are flexible and available to work various shifts, including early morning, late evening, and weekends, and on holidays.
JOIN OUR JOURNEY IF...
You're ready to inspire and be inspired! You're passionate, creative and highly technical, driven to flourish in a competitive, fast-paced environment. You're fiercely accurate, with a desire to leverage your knowledge, skills and abilities to share news stories to viewers in our local communities. You're nimble, having the ability to pivot in an ever-changing workflow. You are a team player with a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills. You have the ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines and remain calm pressure.
The purpose of this position is to execute production of News programming utilizing various types of production equipment during live and recorded segments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
• Direct and/or technical direct live and taped segments with direction from producer.
• Operate and maintain working knowledge of production equipment such as video switcher, character generator, remote controlled cameras, audio board, still store, DVC videotape machines, computers, and various automation systems.
• Prioritize workload based on communication from producer or executive producer.
• Review final on-air product to assure high quality, notify producers of any potential editorial problems.
• Develop and document control room procedures.
• Communicate issues in a daily written report.
• Troubleshoot technical problems.
• Lead production team assigned for live or digitized newscast production.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• A Bachelor’s degree in communications or other related field is preferred or equivalent education/training/directing experience is required.
• Minimum of 1 year Technical Directing experience.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be detailed oriented and maintain high levels of quality control for taped elements during production.
• Must have the abilities to manage multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
• Must work well under pressure.
Charter Communication is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability