HCA Holdings, Inc
Director of Community and Public Relations
_Director of Community and Public Relations_
_Medical City Healthcare_
Directs public relations and community relations activities for (hospital name) including media relations, community relations, sponsorships, events, publications, and content generation. Develops proactive PR and community relations strategy to ensure alignment with corporate and department goals. Works collaboratively with strategic communications team to prepare and disseminate information and content regarding (hospital name) through various content channels to help maintain a favorable public image for the organization and its representatives. Maintains positive relationships with internal constituents and external media and community to facilitate communication. Provides support for corporate communications activities and events.
II. Essential Duties
Proactively interacts often with media representative including print, broadcast, and digital, to obtain placement of hospital-related news stories. Responds in a timely manner to media requests regarding patient information and other inquiries. Adheres to patient privacy protocols. Serves as an on-call public information representative. Works individually and with PR colleagues and outside sources to build, promote, and maintain media contacts and distribution list(s).
• Maintains positive working relationship with local reporters, editors and feature writers who cover business, health care and other relevant topics to promote (hospital name) programs, services and personnel.
• Works with the AVP to determine appropriate media spokesperson for hospital events and news stories.
• Researches, writes and edits press releases and media alerts and formulates the content, timing and manner of releases in compliance with HCA policies.
• Develop potential placements (locally, regionally and nationally) of new stories related to (hospital name) services, programs, personnel and accomplishments.
• Arranges for and produces still photos and videos to supplement news releases and publications.
• Coordinates media conferences/interviews with administrative and clinical leaders, physicians, and patients; and talking points for same.
• Proposes, researches, writes and/or edits contest nominations for hospital.
• Uses social media tools in coordination with Digital Media Director and Marketing Managers to increase visibility, membership, and traffic across the (hospital name) brand and services.
Stays abreast of hospital news, trends, services, and objectives through building and maintaining relationships with various clients (clinical and operational leaders from throughout the hospital), physicians, physician liaisons, and others who serve as resources for information, which can be directed as appropriate to external or internal (employee) audiences.
• Writes and edits hospital employee newsletter
• Writes and edits community health magazine
• Contributes and manages content for social media, Web site and blog
• Arranges for and produces still photos and videos to supplement publications.
• Proofread and review all content prior to publication.
• Seeks appropriate approval from administration, AVP, and others before disseminating information
Serve as (hospital name) community liaison for health related information, speakers, marketing activity and event planning. Creates and finds meaningful health care related community activities in the hospital’s defined service area that complement the organization’s goals. Develops and coordinates events and programs in coordination with Division and hospital goals.
• Researches, develops and manages new programs/initiatives for hospital’s community involvement.
• Represents hospital as contact for participation in sponsorships, donations, community volunteer initiatives and manages benefit assessment of same.
• Manages H2U and other community outreach programs.
• Plans and implements budget for community involvement programs. Identifies high impact use of budget dollars to reach strategically targeted demographics.
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, or related field required
• Minimum of 5 years experience. Health care experience preferred.
• Accredited in Public Relations (APR) desired
*Directors & Managers
Director of Community and Public Relations
Texas-Irving-North Texas Division Office
HCA Holdings, Inc
Website : http://hcahealthcare.com
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 165 hospitals and 115 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 204,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Milton Johnson serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we give them by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality. Investing in our communities is important to us. HCA typically invests about $1.5 billion annually to keep our facilities modern and up-to-date technologically and to expand and add services where needed. Focusing primarily on communities where the company is a leading healthcare provider, HCA selectively adds new facilities in order to better serve our communities. And because two HCA founders were physicians, we value highly the strong relationships we've created with local physicians. We endeavor to provide them with a wide array of services and modern facilities in order to help them deliver the best possible care.