Stanley Black & Decker, Inc.
Founded in 1843, this S&P 500 company is a worldwide supplier of hand and power tools, industrial, automotive, and infrastructure equipment, as well as residential and commercial security solutions. With $11 billion in global sales, the company is viewed as a world leader with a rich history of significant accomplishments and achievements covering over 170 years. The company is recognized for innovation, quality, integrity, and commitment to success in the global marketplace.
Job Description: Reporting to the Communications Director of Global Tools & Storage and the Director of Human Resources for Power Tools and Equipment (PTE), the Communications Specialist for the PTE business will be working closely with the PTE leadership team, Human Resources and Corporate Communications to develop and deploy high impact global communications.
This role will support the alignment of the PTE organization with compelling visual and written strategic messaging that is informed by a strong understanding of the business. This includes the creation and development of business presentations (PowerPoint), general organizational announcements, change management communications (talking points, video scripts, FAQs, etc.), and content for broader SBD employee consumption regarding PTE market wins, product launches, etc. via the appropriate internal communication channels.
Further, this role will enable PTE s organizational alignment through the management of a strong cadence of internal communication rhythms, including quarterly communications meetings, strategic planning sessions, and product review boards, among others.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Crafting and deploying written and visual communications for PTE organization in support of business initiatives
* Presentation development for major business rhythms, including Board of Directors sessions, internal leadership meetings, employee town hall sessions, and other executive communications
* Developing deep understanding of PTE business to inform broader global communications plans and messaging for various business initiatives (leadership changes, business development including acquisitions, etc.)
* Serving as a champion / point of contact for PTE information requests, and providing PTE-specific content for broader global communications materials
* Crafting intranet news articles & organizational announcements for a global employee audience
* Leveraging internal social platforms (Workplace by Facebook) to enhance PTE collaboration globally
* Integrating latest innovations and best practices in communication field to continually improve campaign effectiveness
* Developing metrics and measurement tools to evaluate and maximize ROI of campaigns
* Keeping abreast of relevant market trends, competitive activities, legislative issues, and end-user issues
* Bachelor s degree from a four year accredited college or university in Communications, Business Administration, Marketing, Human Resources, or related field
* 3 years of experience in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or Human Resources with demonstrated experience leveraging communication tools to support key business activities or other strategic initiatives
* Ability to translate strategy & concepts into high impact visual presentations, including PowerPoint, video, and social/digital content; expert PowerPoint skills required
* Advanced writing and editing skills with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to diverse audiences
* Strong project management capabilities, including demonstrated leadership for multiple assignments from conception to completion on deadline and within budget
* Strong attention to detail; must possess excellent organizational and planning skills
* Strong knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital media/social media
* Self-motivated with a positive and professional approach to management
* Excellent interpersonal and verbal skills
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran s status or any other protected characteristic.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law
When you trace it all the way back, it comes down to three individuals: Frederick Stanley, Duncan Black, and Alonzo Decker. Three passionate individuals who built powerful companies that they were so proud of they put their names on them. Hundreds of years later, we’re proud to continue their legacies and we’re proud to carry their names forward. In 1843, Frederick Stanley started a small shop in New Britain, Connecticut, to manufacture bolts, hinges, and other hardware from wrought iron. With superior quality, consistent innovation, and rigorous operational improvement, Stanley’s company defined excellence, and so did his products. In 1910, S. Duncan Black and Alonzo G. Decker started their shop, similar in size at first, in Baltimore, Maryland. Six years later they changed the world by obtaining the world’s first patent for a portable power tool, and the company they built has been changing the world ever since. Both companies grew in parallel over the ensuing decades, amassing an unparalleled family of brands and products and an even more impressive wealth of industry expertise. In 2010, the two companies combined to form Stanley Black & Decker, to deliver the tools and solutions that industrial companies, professionals, and consumers count on to be successful when it really matters. Just as it was in 1843, our passion for excellence is seen around the world in our disciplined operations, purposeful business growth, and loyal customer relationships.