Communications Consultant - KP School of Medicine','669652','Feb 12, 2018','!*!
By joining the team that is designing and implementing the Kaiser Permanente School of Medicine, you will have the opportunity of a lifetime to create a medical school that will educate physicians for the 21st century and beyond and be a catalyst for change in medical education. This position will be working as a part of an extremely dynamic team of professionals supporting all aspects of the School of Medicine and the creation of the infrastructure, process, and procedures for the Kaiser Permanente School of Medicine. The team works from an interdependent model of practice and we are looking for someone who thrives in a highly challenging role within a high functioning team-based environment.
The Kaiser Permanente School of Medicine will offer more than a conventional medical education. It will provide students with the unique opportunity to be taught by the physicians of Kaiser Permanente and immersed in one of the nation's highest-performing health care organizations. Students will gain critical knowledge and real-world experience and benefit from unprecedented access to Kaiser Permanente's people, data and technology. This unparalleled approach, plus our deep commitment to resilience, well-being, and inclusion will create a culture where physicians are better prepared to face the health challenges of the future, while helping the nation-s diverse communities thrive. Learn more about the Kaiser Permanente School of Medicine at schoolofmedicine.kp.org.
Kaiser Permanente School of Medicine is seeking a Communications Consultant to engage in rapid response messaging through digital and social media and assist in developing digital campaigns that align with the School’s goals and priorities.
The candidate will participate in the development and implementation of multi-channel communication strategies, be responsible for offline and online communications planning, implementation, and recommended solutions for multiple Kaiser Permanente School of Medicine programs and projects (for internal and external audiences), and edit written documents prepared by others – all to enhance the brand and reputation of the School.
The persona should have strong writing skills and experience in creating social content, be innovative, proactive, and solution oriented. And have a strong desire to excel in a demanding and creative environment.
• Develop and implement communications plans and tactics to fulfill the strategic and operational goals and objectives of the program developed by the communications practice leader for his/her clients to deliver, promote and protect the organization's brand and reputation.• Provide communications consulting to internal clients on internal and external communications programs, projects and tactics. Consulting activity will vary from verbal communications or advice on communications issues to providing written customized communications plans.• Strategize with client, writes creative briefs, researches and analyzes information, prepares presentations (PowerPoint presentations, speeches and talking points), plans logistics, and manages overall coordination.• Ensure content is consistent with the Kaiser Permanente brand in terms of tone, manner, and messaging.• Manage and complete multiple assignments in short time frames and coordinate diverse projects and activities into a cohesive and strategic program for a single client or for a program.• Acquire the input and resources of other communications staff in the organization to fulfill the objectives of communication plans and projects on behalf of communications practice leaders' clients.• Coordinates the deliverables of other communicators in the organization to ensure that special projects are in compliance with negotiated timelines/financial allocations.• Implement measures to determine effectiveness of communications programs and create plans to improve results. Implement measures to determine effectiveness of communications programs and create plans to improve results.','!*!Basic Qualifications:Experience• Minimum five (5) years of experience working in a complex corporate communications environment with demonstrated excellence in developing, implementing and monitoring strategic communications programs.Education• Bachelor's degree in journalism, english or business administration or related field, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.• High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.License, Certification, Registration• N/A Additional Requirements:• Ability to coordinate diverse projects and activities into a cohesive and strategic communications program.• Thorough knowledge of policies, practices and systems.• Complete understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards.• Full knowledge of industry practices.• Broad application of principles, theories, and concepts in applicable discipline, plus working knowledge of other related fields.• Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.Preferred Work Experience and Qualifications:• BA/BS or equivalent working experience in Social Media Strategy, Public Relations or Marketing.
• Experience in social media a must.
• Strong analytical and project management skills
• Excellent verbal, written communication (writing and editing), and content management skills
• Skilled in using all forms of social and online media, and general computer competency.
• Capable and comfortable performing within a demanding schedule.
• Ability to work independently when needed, but works well within a defined reporting structure and with a team.
• High level of proficiency creating and editing content/digital assets for Social Media.
• Knowledgeable of Social Media platforms, trends, and etiquette.
• A motivated self-starter and quick learner.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload / project deadlines
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent organizational skills
• Experience working in large matrix organizations with multiple partners and clients.
KPcareers.org/schoolofmedicinejobs','California-Pasadena-S. Los Robles Administration 100 S. Los Robles','40','40','Day','Day','Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri','Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri','8:00 AM','8:00 AM','5:00 PM','5:00 PM','Full-time','Standard','Regular','Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt','Salaried, Non-Union, Exempt','Individual Contributor','External Affairs / Relations','Medical Education Strategy','Medical Education Strategy','Yes, 5 % of the Time','','External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.','Communications Consultant - KP School of Medicine
Website : http://www.kaiserpermanente.org
We’ve been there for you in the past, providing health care for more than 60 years. We’re here for you today and in days to come, with our ongoing commitment to quality. And we share this tradition and commitment by reaching out to your community, and promoting health and wellness for all.