The mission of the Community Engagement team for (COMPANY NAME) in Marana, Arizona is to promote awareness and understanding of our automated greenhouse and agricultural practices through coordinated and targeted internal and external communication. As part of this team, the Science Communication Intern will support this effort by:
* Writing and editing news articles for internal and external audiences
* Helping create content including videos, photos, graphics and presentations
* Writing and editing talking points/key messages for employee and stakeholder use
* Assembling materials for communication projects/programs
* Event coordination and support
* Assist with outreach to teachers and school districts
Dates for this summer internship are May 13-August 2 of 2019
* Currently enrolled in a BS or MS program as a sophomore or above at a university in the US, with emphasis in public relations, journalism, communications and a science or agriculture related emphasis.
* Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
* Writing experience including, speeches, newsletters, newspapers, online publications, etc. (Portfolio may be requested.)
* Strong writing and listening skills are essential, as is the ability to manage several projects simultaneously within required deadlines.
* Demonstrated ability to turn complex ideas into simple, relatable messages
* The ability to collaborate with colleagues outside of immediate team
* Content development experience, including articles, graphics, videos, online publications, etc. (Portfolio may be requested)
* Students must be returning to their academic program or pursuing an advanced degree following the completion of their internship.
Exceptional writing, editing and listening skills.
Attention to detail.
The ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, team environment.
Experience with writing for the web or social media and online tools such as SharePoint.
Experience with graphic design and video/photo editing
Read full job description