Allston Brighton Community Dev. Corp.
Our Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate is a highly organized and detail oriented person who is excited about the opportunity to work in a community-based nonprofit and help people become homeowners. They will have many of the following skills and experiences:
• At least two years of work experience, preferably in community development or a related field, and a B.A.
• Ability to build and lead a team, cross-collaborate with departments on programming, and motivate others
• Skill managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Strong facilitation and public speaking skills
• Ability to set, follow-through, and measure progress against goals
• Competency with fundraising, including one-on-one relationship building and grant writing
• Successful experience in working with people of diverse cultural and economic backgrounds
• Proficient in Microsoft Office; adept with social media platforms
• Facility in multiple languages, such as Cantonese, Mandarin, and Spanish
• Experience with adult education techniques
• Understanding of the residential real estate and mortgage industry
• Experience with public relations and marketing
• Some experience with Salesforce, WordPress, Google Analytics.
Duties / Expectations:
This position is full-time and reports directly to the Director of Operations.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Coordinate, facilitate and teach both in-person Homebuying 101 classes and online homebuying course The Road Home
• Secure and manage class sponsorships, volunteers and program participants
• Update all program materials both print and online
• Collaborate with community partners, including representing Allston Brighton CDC at Homeownership forums including CHAPA, City of Boston forums and others as appropriate.
Homebuyer Counseling and Financial Coaching
• Work with class graduates to discern need for short-term counseling versus long-term coaching needs
• Ensure up to date financial coaching processes in accordance with grant guidelines
• Manage volunteer homebuying/financial coaches
• Collaborate with Resident Services staff in seamless execution of financial coaching program.
Data Management and Reporting
• Collect and track required program data via all required data management systems, including Salesforce, HomeCounselor Online, and ETO
• Work with Director of Operations and Salesforce consultant on CMS system updates
• Perform ongoing program reporting, including HUD, grant, United Way, others at necessary
• Follow-up and track homebuying class graduates for progress including counseling, coaching and home purchases
• Track and prepare reports on new homeowners, including an Annual Outcomes report.
Outreach and Marketing
• Manage program marketing and outreach
• Lead annual production of the Homeownership Resource Guide
• Oversee design of all program marketing materials
• Develop and oversee use of social media for program promotion.
• Manage volunteer real estate professionals who present at classes, and support the program through the giving of knowledge, expertise and financial support
• Manage and supervise volunteers who support both homebuying counseling and financial coaching efforts
• Coordinate efforts with other staff responsible for financial coaching in the Resident Services program.