Alcoa (NYSE: AA) is a global industry leader in bauxite, alumina and aluminum products, with a strong portfolio of value-added cast and rolled products and substantial energy assets. Alcoa is built on a foundation of strong values and operating excellence dating back nearly 130 years to the world-changing discovery that made aluminum an affordable and vital part of modern life. Since inventing the aluminum industry, and throughout our history, our talented Alcoans have followed on with breakthrough innovations and best practices that have led to efficiency, safety, sustainability and stronger communities wherever we operate.
The ideal candidate is an undergraduate (junior or senior) or graduate student in public relations, communications, journalism or digital communication for business development. Candidate will be detail oriented, organized and creative, possess a professional work ethic and be enthusiastic to gain new knowledge. The position provides a high level of visibility and responsibility as the Corporate Communications team is small. Candidate will interact with senior management of the company; maturity and ability to maintain confidentiality required.
* Significant writing/editing for internal/external audiences
* Assist in developing content for Alcoa website
* Maintain Corporate intranet by posting stories, sizing photos and other content needs
* Maintain digital asset management system by tagging, uploading photos/videos
* Build and create media lists and databases as needed
* Research and distribute significant news to senior management
* Assist with special event
* Assist in developing social media content
* Excellent writing and editing skills
* Strong command of MSOffice suite
* Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
* Photography skills a plus
* Self-motivated, detail-oriented & organizational skills
* Able to work independently in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to work well under pressure, effectively multi-task and meet deadlines
* Openness to learning and growing within the internship experience
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position..
A global leader in lightweight metals engineering and manufacturing, Alcoa innovates multi-material solutions that advance our world. A global leader in lightweight metals engineering and manufacturing, Alcoa innovates multi-material solutions that advance our world.