Outreach Specialist (Care Coordination)
Services for the UnderServed (SUS) is a New York-based nonprofit organization that provides housing and support services to 25,000 individuals and their families living in New York City and Long Island. SUS believes every New Yorker has the right to lead a life of purpose.
For more than 35 years, SUS has been transforming this belief into reality by working as an advocate for people with life circumstances marked by intellectual/developmental disability, behavioral health challenges, poverty, & histories of incarceration and/or trauma.
We drive scalable solutions to transform the lives of people with disabilities, people in poverty and people facing homelessness: solutions that contribute to righting societal imbalances. Our commitment to continuous quality improvement impacts the lives of our clients and communities while contributing to the development of our employees.
Provide telephonic, written and face to face outreach and orientation services for each Health Home eligible client in order to facilitate Health Home enrollment and retention
• Utilize internet databases, health record systems, and other resources to explore client eligibility and contact information
• Utilize Electronic Health/Medical Record system(s) of assigned Health Home(s) to maintain ongoing clinical documentation and records upholding all HIPAA regulations and confidentiality protocols to record each interaction with every client served.
• Assist Care Coordinators in securing and identifying needed referrals to community and network medical, behavioral health and social assistance providers through telephonic, written, and/or face to face outreach, research, and maintenance of the program resource directory
• Provide follow up services via telephonic or face to face engagement with clients and service planning partners as needed to coordinate reminder calls, medication and wellness checks upon request from the Care Coordination team
• Participate in conjoint meetings or client transports with other Care Coordination staff
• Provide oral and/or written status updates regarding client alerts, progress, regress, and needs to responsible Care Coordinator(s) and supervisor, and any service providers, legal mandate, or other care plan affiliates as needed to assist the program and clients
• Attend meetings in the community
We offer attractive compensation with comprehensive benefits including: Medical/Dental/Prescription/Vision/Life Insurance; 403(b); Credit Union; FSAs; Short-and-Long-Term Disability; Transportation Plan; Generous Paid Vacations and Holidays
Bachelor’s degree preferred, Associates Degree required
One (1) year of job-related experience providing medical, mental health or substance abuse-focused services to individuals with chronic medical conditions and/or severe and persistent mental illness
Excellent interpersonal, organizational, writing and computer skills
Ability to engage clients and diffuse difficult situations
Must be able to travel via mass transit within New York City 80% of the time
Bilingual Spanish, Russian, or Chinese a plus
SUS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
External Company Name: Services For The Underserved, Inc.
External Company URL: ****Street: MH- Care Coordination