CPCC is currently accepting applications for the position of
PT Program Coordinator II (College & Career Readiness)
Position Closing Date:
August 8, 2018 or open until filled
GENERAL FUNCTIONS AND JOB DUTIES
PT Program Coordinator II position available in the College & Career Readiness Department serving Central Campus.
To further its efforts to address the economic mobility challenges many Mecklenburg County residents encounter, **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. (CPCC) has launched the “Accelerated Career Training” or ACT Program. This initiative consists of short-term training tracks that will give under-employed adults no-cost job training and wrap-around support services to make them work-ready in as little as seven weeks. All ACT Program students will be enrolled concurrently in career readiness classes and receive academic and career counseling and have access to other CPCC student services.
Plans and organizes the activities of the Accelerated Career Training (ACT) program; provide responsible staff support to the administrator; manage the activities of program’s faculty and staff;
interfaces external customers to determine current training needs.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assists the administrator in developing planning, implementing and administering goals and objectives of the ACT program.
2. Advises students on a variety of academic and administrative matters; assess students in training needs for program/area; suggest alternate courses of action.
3. Provides academic and career counseling to new and prospective students; explains policies,
procedures, and program requirements; and assists students in selecting educational and career goals.
4. Prepares documentation for the origination of classes; schedule dates, rooms and trainers/instructors; reviews class schedule for accuracy.
5. Reviews student applications for ACT program and communicate with candidates about
eligibility and enrollment. Maintains all required records and student data
in compliance with program procedures.
6. Coordinates process for enrolling students in academic programs including purchases of
books, class materials, equipment, uniforms, screenings, etc. and maintains accounting documents.
7. Monitors course offerings and recommend additions, changes, deletions to keep program/area current; coordinates the development of course outlines and materials in assigned
8. Initiates the marketing of assigned program areas; recruits students; works with marketing staff and prepares marketing materials and literature for distribution to potential
students; makes presentations to schools, organizations and agencies.
9. Recruits, interviews, recommends trainers/instructors/staff and provides orientation for assigned area; monitors and evaluates trainer/instructor/staff performance.
10. Provide administrative assistance to immediate supervisor; develop, prepare and present
recommendations and reports; coordinate activities with other program
11. Teaches courses within the assigned area; demonstrates high degree of skill in teaching; models effective teaching techniques for trainers/instructors.
12. Identifies qualified persons to serve on advisory committees and recommend to administrator; meets with advisory committee and follows up on recommendations; submits committee
13. Reviews needs for equipment, supplies and instructional materials and recommends purchase; monitors facilities, if assigned, for proper use, safety, security and maintenance.
14. Ensures program accreditation, certification and licensure; serves on industry committees, tasks forces, professional organizations, etc. to represent the program and the college.
15. Handles the submission of initial employment forms for employees; assist students with job
16. Designs and delivers sales presentation to business and industry.
17. Researches and develops future program areas, entrepreneurial and grant opportunities; coordinates and monitors grant/special projects as assigned by the supervising
18. Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
Principles and practices of program management
Methods and techniques of program development and evaluation
Principles of supervision including employee training and performance evaluation
Principles and practices of grant proposal preparation
Principles and practices of financial record keeping
Methods and techniques of program marketing and publicity
Office computer technology and application
Oral and written communication skills
Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited institution in a discipline relating to the assigned program area and two years of managerial or administrative experience.
A completed CPCC application must be completed on-line.
During the on-line application process, applicants will be prompted to upload or build a cover letter and resume.
College transcripts (if required for the position) must be attached on-line in the additional documents section of the application process. Applicants that do not have an electronic copy of their transcripts, or find the electronic copy is rejected on-line due to the file size, may **** for attachment to the on-line application.
All applications must be received in the Human Resources office by 11:59 p.m. on the closing date posted to be guaranteed for consideration. Applications of qualified candidates received after this date may be considered at the discretion of the hiring manager.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Salary for this position is $21.67. Classification type is part-time. Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include off-shift hours, evening and weekend assignments may be required of any position. All positions are subject to budget approval.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is Mecklenburg County’s resource for academic excellence and cultural enrichment. Located minutes from uptown Charlotte, CPCC is in close proximity to the Queen City’s growing greenway project, professional sports arenas, and a number of premiere restaurant and shopping outlets that attract visitors from Mecklenburg County and beyond. Today, more than 70,000 students **** U.S.C. § 1681 et seq. (“Title IX”), which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in educational programs or activities. **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs or activities, including in the context of admission or employment.