Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America's workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES: The Recruiting Intern will work on exciting and creative projects aligned to recruitment and program management to support University Recruitment functions. As a member of the Amtrak Recruitment team, the Intern will learn recruiting fundamentals, interact with prospective candidates, participate in interviews, partner with talent acquisition specialists and hiring managers, assist with program development functions. The intern will also encounter several hands-on experiences contributing to organizational objectives.
* Work closely with various members of Amtrak’s Talent Acquisition team to enhance comprehension of recruitment processes, strategies, and best practices
* Act as primary support for University Recruitment team
* Source resumes and schedule interviews as needed
* Phone screen applicants
* Participate in candidate interviews
* Participate in business focused recruitment strategy meetings
* Work objectively with solid judgement to influence candidate selection decisions
* Assist with projects aligned to University Recruitment Program development
* May support other recruiting activities as assigned
* Must be actively pursuing Bachelor’s degree at an accredited University with a degree in: Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, Human Resources, or equivalent
* Must be accurate and efficient with ability to meet deadlines
* Commitment to excellent customer service
* Strong organizational skills
* Detail oriented
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Job Family/Function:Human Capital
Education Requirements:High School/GED
Employment Experience Requirements:Under 1 year of experience
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job - we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping Amtrak safe and drug-free.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR section 40.25), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety- sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for Amtrak to obtain these records, he/she will not permitted to perform safety-sensitive functions.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Amtrak is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome all to apply. We consider candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability (including blindness), or veteran status.
POSTING NOTES: Human Capital || Entry Level
Website : https://www.amtrak.com
The National Railroad Passenger Corporation, Amtrak, is a corporation striving to deliver a high quality, safe, on-time rail passenger service that exceeds customer expectations. Learn all about Amtrak here from every angle.