Account Supervisor, Tech PR
Location US-CA-San Francisco | US-CA-Los Angeles | US-TX-Dallas
Position Type Full-Time Salary
Ketchums SF office is looking to add an Account Supervisor to join its dynamic and growing technology practice. This is a tremendous opportunity to work on a portfolio of fast moving and innovative technology brands, from major industry leaders to disruptive startups.
The ideal candidate will have a genuine interest helping clients craft and tell their innovation stories. Were looking for someone with a passion for storytelling in all its forms: from building relationships with reporters at major technology and business publications, to counseling clients on the latest trends and tools in digital and influencer communications.
As part of a growing practice group, youll also have an interest in new business. You will be involved in researching targets and prospects, helping craft a winning pitch, and bringing it to life in the room.
Ketchum is an agency thats committed to the development of its people, and weve created a culture where our people are energized to deliver highly creative, media-savvy and results-oriented work for clients. As a member of the technology practice, there are many opportunities to contribute to other teams and practice groups - from food and consumer goods, to healthcare, wellness, automotive and transportation.
About the Job
* Act as key client contact; foster client-agency relationship to build trust and become a valuable resource to client
* Continually build understanding and knowledge of clients business and competitive environments; apply this information in preparing and presenting strategically focused programs and recommendations
* Proven ability to secure high-profile coverage with technology trade, national business and general interest media outlets
* Be creative and strategic with the delivery of pitch angles designed to garner media attention
* Provide media relations support to clients and account team members across the Ketchum network; serve as quarterback, organizing and executing ongoing news engines and announcement-driven pitch efforts for a variety of Fortune 500 clients as well as smaller clients with limited supervision.
* Play key role in account activities including special events, media relations, program implementation, etc.
* Draft a variety of materials including key messages, pitches, media alerts, press releases, media briefing books, byline articles, speeches, client correspondence, reports, and pitch updates
* Staff/run media events, media tours and moderate phone interviews
* Be flexible and facilitate teamwork within account team; coordinate team resources and create opportunities for junior staff to take on more responsibility; fully utilize agency resources to create the best teams for your clients
* Develop and monitor program plans and budgets for profitability; report status to client and agency management on a regular basis
* Explore and create opportunities for incremental business growth within your clients organizations
* Participate in the research, writing, and presentation of new business proposals
* Take advantage of internal and external networking opportunities to enhance professional development and agency/office visibility
* Five plus years of public relations experience with a focus in media relations
* Successful track record of helping to build and present concepts/programs for clients and effectively executing programs
* Ability to translate social media and digital trends, technologies and metrics into conversational English
* Ability to develop strategic digital recommendations and program tactics for clients
* Be a hands-on team player adding value, sharing creative ideas, and executing successful PR programs
* Highly resourceful, proactive and loves hustling and creative problem solving to get results (e.g., adapting pitches to suit the news cycle, and hot trends, going beyond contacts on a media list and collecting bylines to find new avenues for stories. A very strong work ethic.
* Ability to work in multi-faceted, fast paced environment with all their shifting deadlines and fire drills you might find in a newsroom
As a global public relations and communications agency with 90 plus years of experience, Ketchum builds brands and reputations for clients. We start conversations, build communities and engage stakeholders - and have a lot of fun doing it. We inspire and empower our people to think about products, companies, issues and challenges in a different way. And were just crazy enough to think we can impact the world - and how it responds to ideas - through communication.
We believe great ideas shatter expectations, change thinking and build brands. We call this break through, and its our mission to deliver it. How? Very simply - our people. By listening, cultivating diverse perspectives and rewarding fearless creativity, weve developed a culture of break through.
What we offer
* Robust benefits program
* Generous time off policies
* Retirement program with company match
* Workplace flexibility
* Business casual dress code
* Workplace and off-site social gatherings
* Yoga @ work
* Professional learning and development opportunities
* Tuition reimbursement
* Paid maternity/paternity leave
* Transit benefits
Interested? Weve got an opportunity for you.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Website : http://www.ketchum.com
Ketchum is a leading global communications firm with operations in more than 70 countries across six continents. Ketchum has been named PR Agency of the Year (and European Excellence Awards) and the winner of an unprecedented three consecutive Campaign of the Year Awards, Ketchum partners with clients to deliver strategic programming, game-changing creative and measurable results that build brands and reputations. For more information on Ketchum, a part of Diversified Agency Services, a division of Omnicom Group Inc. Visit us at www.ketchum.com