Lockheed Martin Corporation
Job Description :
We’re looking for a proactive, knowledgeable public relations professional to lead communications strategy for Lockheed Martin’s strategic missiles, directed energy and military satellite programs. You’ll develop integrated communications strategies, serve as the media spokesperson for key programs, and work with the broader communications and marketing team to execute integrated campaigns.
In this position you will lead communications campaigns across focused program and technology areas, including:
• Strategic Missiles: Lockheed Martin is developing, building and sustaining strategic deterrence missile programs for the U.S. Navy, U.S. Air Force and U.K. Royal Navy. You’ll tell the story of the value of these programs to the nation and our allies, and the work Lockheed Martin is doing to help the U.S. and U.K. evolve deterrence programs for the future.
• Lasers and Directed Energy: Lockheed Martin researches and develops advanced laser technology that can defend against enemy drones, trucks and boats. You’ll build communications campaigns that show how state-of-the-art directed energy systems can counter a wide range of threats.
• Missile Defense Innovations: You’ll work with colleagues across Lockheed Martin to convey our innovations in the technology that keeps U.S. and allied forces safe from missile attacks.
• Secure Communications Satellites: You’ll create communications strategies for Lockheed Martin’s work on the Air Force’s Advanced Extremely High Frequency protected communications satellite.
- Partner with program and business development leaders to develop integrated, strategic communications plans to promote program achievements, new business growth efforts and thought leadership.
- Work with the Lockheed Martin marketing, social media and internal communications teams to create and deliver high-impact, integrated communications campaigns.
- Lead media relations efforts to generate positive media coverage and serve as chief spokesperson for programs outlined above. Build positive relationships with national, trade and local media in key locations including California, Alabama and Florida.
- Coordinate with other business areas of the corporation on joint campaigns to promote capabilities such as missile defense and laser systems.
- Provide strategic counsel to program leadership on communications issues and campaigns.
- Coordinate with customer public affairs organizations to ensure efforts are aligned and in compliance with their requirements governing release of information.
This position is based in Sunnyvale, CA.
- Communications and/or marketing experience in aerospace, defense or technology communications.
- Degree in communications, marketing, journalism or a related field.
- Strong relationships with aerospace, defense and technology reporters.
- Crisis communications or issues management experience.
- Proven ability to create strategic communications plans and generate positive media coverage.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Experience serving as communications advisor to executive leaders.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Security Clearance :
Business Unit :
Job Class :
Job Category :
Relocation Available :
Work Schedule :
9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2
Req Type :
Additional Posting Locations :
Apply to Job(s)
Lockheed Martin Corporation
Website : http://www.lockheedmartin.com
Our employees are the core of our business here at Lockheed Martin. As the leading global security & aerospace company—and the #1 IT provider to the U.S. government—Lockheed Martin is a 115,000 person-strong team working to support the U.S. and its allies in the research, development and sustainment of advanced technology systems & services worldwide. Specialties Aeronautics, Information Technology, Space Systems, Defense, Technology, Cyber Security Over one hundred years ago, on August 16, 1912, Glenn L. Martin established the Glenn L. Martin Company in Los Angeles, California. He started the company after building his first plane in a rented church, where he took a leap of faith on his risky but innovative new aircraft design at the urging of none other than Orville Wright. Four months later and four hundred miles away, on December 19, 1912, Allan and Malcolm Lockheed founded the Alco Hydro-Aeroplane Company, later renamed the Lockheed Aircraft Company. Talented mechanics, they set up shop out of a garage, constructing seaplanes that would shatter speed and distance records for overwater flights.