65000 USD annual
Key responsibilities for the Associate include:
• Design and produce branding materials for Wellspring’s internal and external communications, such as Annual Reports to donors, online reports for website, presentation materials for donor and staff presentations, etc.
• Produce and oversee the distribution of all print communications such as newsletters, intranet blogs, templates, brochures, etc., as well as audio/visual graphics.
• Update and maintain Wellspring’s website and intranet.
• In collaboration with an outside public relations firm, draft press materials, and serve as on-the-record spokesperson.
• Plan and prepare talking points and presentation materials as needed for the President and other senior leaders as part of their participation at important events.
• Support event logistics and planning around donor convenings.
• Serve as a resource for programs in thinking about strategic communications, and edit written documents prepared by others.
• Monitor the internet and social media channels for positive and negative stories about WPF.
• Ensure quality of content in print and on web by copyediting, proofreading, and ensuring consistent style and brand implementation.
The successful candidate will have the following:
• BS or BA in Communications, Journalism, or Public Relations – or equivalent experience.
• 3-5 years of experience working in a communications and/or external affairs function.
• Proven proficient in a variety of word processing and presentation software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), database applications and desktop publishing, graphics and layout to produce newsletters and other publications (Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop; MailChimp).
• Experience and proficiency managing and maintaining websites using different platforms, such as WordPress, Squarespace, Wix, etc.
• A demonstrated interest in human rights/social justice.
• Superior written and oral communication skills; ability to produce original, clear, concise content within tight deadlines; meticulous proofreader and copyeditor.
• Self-motivation, with an ability to work proactively, independently, and with a strong sense of urgency.
• Experience interacting and communicating effectively with members of a complex organization at multiple levels.
• Ability to shift gears comfortably, flex skills, and multi-task effectively.
• Strong interpersonal and communication abilities, and project management and time management skills.
• Strong moral compass; personal ethics and integrity must be impeccable.
• Collaborative focus, recognizing the value in fostering an environment which promotes shared communications, efforts and results.
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion.
65000 USD annual
New York - New York - USA
View a map of this job
Describe benefits and Other Informations:
Salary range: $65,000-70,000 based on experience. Wellspring offers a very generous benefits package including payment of 100% of the health insurance premiums for employees (and 80% of the premiums for spouses, domestic partners and qualified family members). Wellspring also offers other benefits including life insurance, long-term disability protection, a group 401(k) retirement plan (with an employer match), support for continuing education, and is committed to providing transgender-inclusive healthcare.
You must first register
to view this information.
For employment consideration, please submit application to ****, with the subject line “[Your name] – Communications Associate”. All applications must include:
• a resumé (PDF);
• a thoughtful cover letter, including how you became aware of this opportunity and salary requirements (must specify actual amount and range) (PDF);
• one communications-related writing sample (no less than 3 and no more than 5 pages, attached in PDF format); and
• one Adobe inDesign OR Illustrator document sample (PDF and source file)