Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula
Frankfort, KY, United States
Primary Purpose: :
This position is part of the Morning Pointe Team responsible for the creation of resident-focused, high performance, high-commitment work teams that support the Morning Pointe purpose of “partnering with families in meeting the challenges of life”. This position is responsible for many activities in the residence and in the surrounding community, while encouraging and maintaining high level customer satisfaction through interaction with residents and resident families.
Working Conditions: :
Works in an office environment with frequent movement throughout the community. Will be involved with residents, families, associates, visitors, vendors, and other individuals or agencies involved with community operations.
Educational/Professional Requirements: :
* Must meet educational requirements by having a high school diploma or equivalent.
* Must have at least one year experience in senior resident services.
* Prior experience in healthcare or adult living is required.
Physical Conditions: :
* This position is classified as HEAVY, requiring exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently and/or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to life/move objects.
* Functional requirements include constant standing and walking.
* Frequent lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, bending, turning and stretching.
* Finger and hand dexterity required.
* Visual and hearing acuity essential.
* Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions necessary.
* Ability to perform basic mathematical computations required
Certifications or licenses in a related area is preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Plans, develops, organizes, implements, and evaluates quality recreational and activity programs.
* Meets with residents to understand their needs and expectations and to ensure the current programs are effective.
* Organizes and communicates activity calendar to residents and associates.
* Works closely with the Resident Services Manager to facilitate Life Enrichment and events in the Lantern.
* Complies with budgetary guidelines.
* Involved in public relation contacts between the facility and the community.
Duties include, but are not limited to::
* Immediate and appropriate response to “customer” comments and requests for action.
* Ensure community awareness of residence through design and maintenance of volunteer/outreach plans involving general consumers, appropriate area agencies and other professionals.
* Design, development and oversight of creative and exciting activity programming, scheduling at least 6 activities, a day including most evenings and weekends.
* Full understanding of the Morning Pointe Life Enrichment Standards with each activity focused on key aspects of healthy aging and individual preferences.
* Establish a database of community outreach contacts to assist in implementing the Morning Pointe standards during daily activities. Make sure contacts are added to the community’s master mailing list.
* Produce monthly activities calendar and appropriate printed support material using approved flyer template.
* Produce a monthly newsletter following the Morning Pointe approved format, including photos and details.
* Basic photographic skills needed for production of newsletter and press submissions.
* Successfully complete the various obligations of the Lantern activities programs within allotted budget.
* Train resident assistants (RA’s) in support skills pertaining to the Lantern Program.
* Meet each new resident or family member within 48 hours and complete an activity assessment, socialization pattern form and resident questionnaire to understand their interests for activity planning.
* Coordinate quarterly special events and other monthly special events, (i.e. Family Night), as specified in the quarterly marketing plan.
* Assist in the development of Personal Service Care Plans for each resident as related to activities of interest.
* Coordinate and implement a vital volunteer program to assist in Morning Pointe life enrichment activities.
* Work with Resident Assistants (RA’s) to communicate with all residents regarding the start of each activity to ensure maximum participation.
* Conduct associate in-service training programs related to activities and volunteerism.
* Respond to requests for mailed marketing materials, i.e., newsletters, as directed by supervisor.
* Ensure family and community awareness of programming through monthly phone calls, mailings and special events mailings as required using approved flyer templates.
* Submit 1-2 times weekly, appropriate photos of activities including details, names and media releases, to the Corporate Communications Director for regular press and publicity for special events.
* Maintain records of resident participation in daily activities program.
* Weekly one-on-one contact with each resident.
* Discovering and utilizing available sources of education, entertainment and activities for residents.
* Offer individual and small group activities for those who choose not to attend regularly scheduled events.
* Post a large, seasonally decorated calendar in the designated common area.
* Assist with the driving functions to external activities/events with residents.
* Assist the Executive Director, as needed to ensure that the residence is “tour ready”.
* Provide basic support to all departments of the residence, including dining services, healthcare and resident care.
* Other duties as assigned.
Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula
Website : http://www.chomp.org
Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula, founded in 1934 and located at 23625 Holman Highway in Monterey, has grown and evolved in direct response to the changing healthcare needs of the people it serves. It is a nonprofit healthcare provider with 258 licensed hospital beds and 28 skilled-nursing beds, delivering a continuum of care from birth to end of life, and every stage in between. It serves the Monterey Peninsula and surrounding communities through locations including the main hospital, outpatient facilities, satellite laboratories, a mental health clinic, a short-term skilled nursing facility, Hospice of the Central Coast, and business offices