Manager, Media Relations - Macy's Southwest Region','MAC08760','!*!
Are you passionate about corporate communications and excited about informing and engaging Associates for a well-known consumer brand? Macy’s is currently seeking a Media Relations Manager, who will work closely with the regional media teams in developing the regional press strategy, providing support for showcasing Macy’s as a fashion authority and community leader, maximizing events, corporate giving programs, brand launches and local community initiatives– all with a shared passion for making life shine brighter for our customers. Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will be energetic, highly collaborative and motivated, conscientious and detail-oriented – a self-starter who takes initiative in developing new ideas and solving problems.
This role will join a team of existing and new communications talent all working together to build a strong corporate communications function at Macy’s. This position is based in San Francisco and reports to the Director of Media Relations for Northwest and Southwest Regions.
• Media Relations Develop and execute major consumer media relations efforts to support the company’s reputation as the premier destination for fashion and home, as well as the icon of major store events, the home of popular/desirable brands, and a partner to our communities for volunteerism and charitable support, including:
o Developing media relations strategies that will drive coverage and sales
o Writing press materials (press releases, media alerts, key messages, presentations as well as securing media gifts, photography and video packages)
o Creating strong relationships with local media (print, broadcast and online) and with Macy’s regional and store leadership
o Pitching story ideas to promote Macy’s brand to media in regional markets
o Identifying and media training local executives to serve as spokespersons
o Coordinating media interviews, segments, placements
o Planning/executing media events
o Serving as communication expert in the respective regional markets
o Representing the national media relations team in cross-functional and regional meetings
o Facilitating and supporting the national media relations teams
o Recapping media results – weekly, monthly, yearly
• Website Content Management (pressroom) Manage content on Macy’s online pressroom to ensure information is current
• Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
• BA/BS in communications-related field, with 5-7 years of experience in public relations, media relations, communications or related area
• Retail experience is preferred, but not a must
• Background in tech, retail or other consumer business; general knowledge of the department store business a plus
• Advanced use of Microsoft Office suite and other software programs (Cision, etc.)
• Effective command of language and writing (communications plans, press materials, executive messaging/presentations, etc.).
• Innovative, creative, proactive and confident thinker.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Must have above average mathematical skills, including the ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages.
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Must be able to manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• This position involves extended periods of sitting and the extensive use of computer and the office equipment.
• May involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
• Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
• Proven history of success in working with/pitching reporters; contacts at national consumer magazine and television outlets a plus
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
• Moderate regional travel involved
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.','','United States-California-San Francisco','Communications','Manager, Media Relations - Macy's Southwest Region