Specialist 2, Public Relations
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Comcast brings together the best in technology, information and entertainment. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences, setting the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and offer career opportunities across the world. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, bringing cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day.
In this role on the External Affairs team, you will work primarily external communications and community investment initiatives while also supporting the efforts of the business across the Oregon/SW Washington region. This role is focused on driving our social media initiatives and assisting in local media initiatives. In addition, this position will provide support to our Community Investment activities, particularly the highly successful Internet Essentials program. If you're social media savvy, can write compelling copy with an authentic voice, have an eye for a photo that tells a story, thrive in an environment where no two days are the same and want to make a difference across Oregon and SW/Washington, this will be a great career opportunity for you!
Responsible for supporting the External Affairs team's efforts within the Oregon/SW Washington Region of Comcast, planning and executing plans and programs, including external communication strategies that enhance and influence Comcast's relations and brand perception with public and community leaders and influencers, governmental authorities, and customers. Must have strong written, verbal, and digital media communication skills.
- Create content and manage all aspects of social media (Twitter and Facebook,etc.) including paid social media campaigns and campaign analytics.
- Research, write, edit, and issue media releases.
- Supports employee and community events, which may occur evenings & weekends.
- Assist in planning, outreach and promotion of Comcast's Internet Essentials programs.
- Assist in research, ideation and media tactics implementation with local media representatives; updates and maintains media contact database.
- Manage Influencer list and help enhance and execute the company's Influencer program.
- Carry out research for media interviews and external surveys.
- Process invoices, ensuring compliance with budgets.
- Support existing External Affairs initiatives, including such activities as new product and service rollouts, new store openings, and other activities.
- Become local subject matter expert for several internal software applications utilized to monitor and implement media outreach (Sprinklr, Cision, SalesForce and Quickbase).
- Assist in launching the Regional Corporate blog (Newsroom).
- Support content creation, including video, infographics, written materials, visual assets, etc.
- Support External Communications, Community Investment, Government Affairs, Comcast Business, and Xfinity partnership activities.
- Creates films, slides, or other visual presentations and plan conventions.
- Writes promotional material, updates for social media sites and coordinates press releases.
- Assists in set up of press briefings and news conferences.
- Assists in set up of exhibitions and conferences.
- Carries out research and evaluations of published materials, interviews, and surveys.
- Carries out projects after general review of framework has been agreed upon.
- Tracks and monitors invoices ensuring compliance with annual budget.
- Coordinates and tracks all sponsorship activities including declines, check request, invitations, attendee lists, program book placements and other recognition, giveaways, executive participation (ex. Talking points), etc.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent Field of Study
- Communications/Public Relations Certifications
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability to articulate relevant information in an organized and concise manner.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively work with all levels of employees across different organizations and functions.
- Ability to balance competing priorities in a dynamic/fast paced environment.
- Strong sense of internal customer service.
- Social media savvy, including metric analysis.
- Strong technical skills in MS Word, PPT, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience with building relationships within a matrixed environment.
- Ability to function autonomously and a self-starter.
- Collaborative spirit the ability to partner with various peers and parties at all levels.
- PR/media experience a plus.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Website : http://corporate.comcast.com
Comcast Corporation operates as a media and technology company worldwide. It operates through Cable Communications, Cable Networks, Broadcast Television, Filmed Entertainment, and Theme Parks segments. The Cable Communications segment offers video, high-speed Internet, and voice services to residential and business customers under the XFINITY brand name. This segment also provides business services, such as cellular backhaul services to mobile network operators; Ethernet network services; and online advertising services. The Cable Networks segment operates national cable networks, which provide entertainment, news and information, and sports content; regional sports and news networks; international channels; and cable television production operations, as well as owns digital media properties. The Broadcast Television segment operates NBC and Telemundo broadcast networks, NBC and Telemundo owned local broadcast television stations, and broadcast television production operations, as well as owns digital media properties. The Filmed Entertainment segment produces, acquires, markets, and distributes live-action and animated filmed entertainment under the Universal Pictures, Focus Features, and Illumination names. This segment also develops, produces, and licenses stage plays, as well as owns digital media properties. The Theme Parks segment operates theme parks; studios; Island of adventures; and a dining, retail, and entertainment complex. Comcast Corporation was founded in 1963 and is headquartered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.