Public Information Assistant
Dec 29, 2017
Tampa, FL, US
Requisition ID: 70645
Kiewit is one of North America's largest and most respected construction and engineering organizations. With its roots dating back to 1884, the employee-owned company operates through a network of offices and projects in the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia. Kiewit offers construction and engineering services in a variety of markets including transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building and mining. Kiewit had 2016 revenues of $8.6 billion and employs more than 20,000 staff and craft employees.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
• We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
The public information assistant will support the project and client’s public information team in community outreach efforts for a large construction project. Working for the construction manager the successful candidate must be a fast learner, strong writer, adept at managing multiple communication responsibilities and priorities at once, and able to work collaboratively with a variety of different groups on the project, at multiple levels. A communication/marketing or public relations background will be an important asset to the candidate. Kiewit demands a person with high attention to detail and time management skills to consistently meet deadlines. The public information assistant must be flexible, assertive and comfortable talking in and presenting to a group. The applicant must have a high level of customer service when dealing with the project’s client, members of the public and stakeholders.
• Work with all levels of the construction team to understand the project and its schedule, impacts and milestones, and share this with the public information team.
• Attend internal planning meetings to determine details of short and long-term schedule, as well as phasing of the work.
• Meet weekly, or as frequently needed, with the client’s public information team to share information.
• Assist the client’s public information team, when needed, in disseminating project information to local communities and stakeholders through various communication channels.
• Respond to all project inquiries in a timely manner and to a high level of customer service via email, phone or in person when necessary
• When requested by client, work with businesses and commuters along the project corridor to help minimize the impact of construction by providing advance notification of construction impacts
• Effectively create and manage content and design of project material and information-sharing pieces such as fact sheets, monthly newsletters, postcards when requested
• Assist the team with special event planning such as community events
• Maintain a project contact database
• Provide reports on activities, monthly outreach and project feedback
• Create and deliver project update presentations to community groups or for an internal audience as needed
• Maintain project progress photography and videos as needed
• Create weekly meeting materials including agendas, minutes and PowerPoint presentations
• One to three years communications experience preferred. A portfolio of recent work may be required.
• An undergraduate degree, or equivalent experience in communications or journalism
• Exceptional work ethic
• Working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat Professional, and proficient in MS Office Suite; including PowerPoint
• Strong knowledge of Associated Press style of writing
• Strong collaboration and customer relations skills
• Outstanding creativity
• Project management skills; the ability to take a project from concept to conclusion
• Strong passion for learning and adapting to new communication and design principles, tools and technologies
• Previous track record of successfully meeting deadlines and project expectations
• Excellent writing skills and attention to detail
• Solid skills with technology such as digital cameras, scanners, printers and A/V equipment
• Ability to work closely on a daily basis with internal and outside professionals on a project team
• Ability to work non-standard office hours as necessary, to travel when required, and to be on-call on some nights and weekends
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Nearest Major Market:
Engineer, Database, PR, Wastewater, Water Treatment, Engineering, Technology, Marketing
Website : http://www.kiewit.com
"Just as a rock is not shaken by a strong or sudden gust of wind, neither should we be affected by praise or success. We must not be satisfied with our past accomplishments and we should make every effort to improve and expand our operations – but only in an orderly and beneficial manner…a company cannot stand still for long – either it goes ahead or it slides back."