WGL Holdings, Inc.
Auto req ID
Digital Marketing Specialist
Summary: Serve as lead for digital marketing applications, including the corporate website, e-newsletter and social media channels, to support marketing programs and services that advance the company's strategic objectives as they relate to maximizing profits and market share while ensuring customer satisfaction. Develop, implement, track and optimize digital marketing campaigns across all digital channels. Ensure alignment of the marketing communications strategy with the sales strategy and 5-year long range plan for government, commercial & industrial, small commercial and residential segments.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
* Coordinate with cross-functional department teams to create promotional plans around internally and externally produced content to drive awareness, consideration and demand generation.
* Develop nurture campaigns to existing leads, leveraging Salesforce and Pardot marketing automation software.
* Provide input into content strategy and develops content for weekly B2G/B2B newsletters and social media channels, with a focus on driving awareness, consideration and demand generation.
* Manage vendor relations and growth/improvement initiatives with paid SEO/SEM and social media agencies.
* Collaborate across departments to assist in the maintenance and development of the master content calendar for all digital assets.
* Manage Google Analytics account to optimize campaign and website search engine results. Responsible for all analytics, including lead generation, enrollment, deliverability, opens, opt-outs, subject line testing and click-through rates. Uses results to drive future action(s).
* Compile and publishe regular analytics reports regarding digital asset performance, monthly or as needed.
* Oversee the online user experience, including site usability and accessibility; uses HTML coding to create and update web pages and other digital assets, ensures maximum conversion rates and lead generation efforts.
* Coordinate with internal IT support to identify and resolve any electronic application-related issues, including the ongoing management of marketing-related ticket requests in Jira.
* Coordinate with marketing and sales teams to develop and execute strategies for web content, including: page design, link/video placement and functionality and reporting capabilities. Monitor competitive environment, best practices and reports on trends and opportunities.
* Identify, evaluate and implement cost-effective solutions to grow the core business, increase capital productivity and support growth initiatives.
* Compile and publish regular analytics reports regarding digital asset performance, monthly or as needed.
* Serve as back-up to Corporate Communications resources for posting and other on-line activities on an as-needed basis.
* Develop and utilize strong knowledge of WGL Energy business in all aspects of position.
* Adhere to all legal and regulatory rule compliance by jurisdiction.
* Complete other duties as assigned.
Skills & Abilities:
* Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, business or related field required.
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in the following specialty areas: social media, web usability, web analytics, digital marketing strategies, SEO/SEM, web information architecture, web design and/or developing web content strategies required.
* Expertise in Twitter, LinkedIn and Google Analytics.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate complex messages, both verbally and in writing, to diverse internal and external audiences at all organization levels.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, along with a proven ability to draft accurate, concise and appealing marketing pieces. Superior proofreading and editing skills.
* Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret data and to identify relevant issues in solving business problems.
* Demonstrated outstanding organizational skills with the utmost attention to detail.
* Technical (development of website components, application troubleshooting, software/application testing, etc.) and creative (creation of web content, design of web tiles, design of webpage layouts, etc.) marketing experience.
* Experience managing third-party vendors and internal resources, knowledge of energy industry preferred.
* Demonstrated experience with digital marketing and social media tactics and tools.
* Demonstrated project management skills.
* Demonstrated ability to establish rapport and effective working relationships with business partners, supervisors, and peers.
* Experience developing market and industry analyses.
* Proven ability to use computer software and applications, including Microsoft Office applications, to share, retrieve, research and present business information.
* HTML proficiency preferred, with requisite experience in Sitecore, Social Studio, Salesforce, Pardot and PHP environments.
* Ability to maintain flexibility and a positive attitude while performing in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
* Ability to work flexible hours, sometimes including nights and/or weekends.
* Valid driver's license
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
* May be required to travel to events, regional sales offices or other locations to meet internal and external stakeholders.
WGL is an EO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled
WGL and its affiliates are committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, matriculation, physical or mental disabilities, political affiliation, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
WGL blends the wisdom and expertise of a storied history with technologies and forward-thinking solutions to power a better energy future.