Coordinator, Media Relations - San Francisco (Macy's Southwest Region)','MAC08759','!*!Job Overview:
Are you passionate about corporate communications and excited about informing and engaging Associates for a well-known consumer brand? Macy’s is currently seeking a Media Relations Coordinator, Corporate Communications, who will work closely with the Media Relations Director and Managers. The Media Relations Coordinator will support the strategy and execution of Macy’s national and regional Media Relations campaigns and initiatives - all with a shared passion for making life shine brighter for our customers. Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will be energetic, highly motivated and organized, conscientious and detail-oriented – a creative self-starter who takes initiative in executing big ideas and solving problems.
This role will report to the Director, Media Relations and will support the regional Media Relations team. This position is based in San Francisco.
The candidate will be responsible for developing, implementing and executing effective plans to support company goals and major initiatives. These include:
• Drafting of press materials including press releases, media advisories, captions, column drops, calendar listings, etc.
• Creating media recaps – weekly, monthly, yearly - for accurate measurement of results for each corporate initiative or discipline
• Actively pitching primary and secondary markets for ongoing placements as well as responding to media requests for images/product
• Coordinating media interviews, segments, placements
• Providing content for online pressroom
• Managing images, collateral and samples as well as databases and media assets including video and photo libraries
• Assisting in the promotion of seasonal fashion and home trends, iconic events, national and regional Cause Marketing campaigns (Go Red for Women, Believe, etc.), local My-Macy’s sponsorships and district grants in the respective West Coast markets
• Handling/responding to inquiries from community organizations
• Updating media / key contact lists
• Liaising with finance team (Processing invoices, etc.)
• Coordinating team meetings, calls, etc.
• Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
• 1-3 years of professional experience in public relations, communications or marketing preferred with a BA/BS in communications/marketing related field.
• Advanced use of Microsoft Office suite and other software programs; strong proficiency in Excel.
• Adept at analyzing numerical data.
• Strong project management experience.
• Must have exceptional organizational skills with the capacity to handle multiple high priority projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment
• Excellent communication skills – written and verbal (communications plans, press materials, executive messaging/presentations including presentation experience in front of groups of various sizes)
Must have above average mathematical skills, including the ability to compute rates, ratios, and percentages, and the ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Must be able to manage multiple projects and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be self-motivated and outcome oriented.
• This position involves extended periods of sitting and the extensive use of computer and the office equipment.
• May involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching. Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
• Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated experience working as part of a team
• Ability to manage budgets and time efficiently to meet deadlines.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with SFPC Art. 49 and LA MC ch.XVIII Art. 9.','','United States-California-San Francisco','Communications','Coordinator, Media Relations - San Francisco (Macy's Southwest Region)
Website : http://www.macys.com
Macy’s, Inc. is one of the nation’s premier retailers, with fiscal 2012 sales of $27.7 billion. The company operates the Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s brands with about 840 department stores in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Guam and Puerto Rico, and the macys.com and bloomingdales.com websites. The company also operates 13 Bloomingdale’s Outlet stores.