The Facility Coordinator PR & Communications reports directly to the Facility Director PR & Communications / Division AVP of Marketing and Public Relations with a dotted-line reporting relationship to the hospital CEO.
Supports the execution of the annual PR & Communication plan for the hospital/market. Works collaboratively to drive our community and customer engagement to heighten our positive reputation within the community. Under the direction of the Facility Director PR & Communications, supports the development of organic content (written, web, video) via tight connectivity with key service line leaders and physicians. Operates smoothly in a fast-paced, high-intensity matrix environment.
Leadership and Collaboration:
* Supports all marketing, public relations and communications activities under the direction of the Facility PR and Communications Director * Provides outstanding and timely customer service. Develops and maintains positive working relationships with facility administration, directors, staff, and physicians. * Adheres to established community outreach and marketing budgets.
Earned Media Plan Execution:
* Supports public relations outreach including print, broadcast, and digital placement of hospital-related news stories. Responds in a timely manner to media requests regarding patient information and other inquiries. Adheres to patient privacy protocols. Works individually and with PR colleagues and outside sources to build, promote, and maintain media contacts and distribution list(s). * Develop potential placements (locally, regionally and nationally) of new stories related to hospital services, programs, personnel and accomplishments. * Arranges for and produces still photos and videos to supplement news releases and publications. * Coordinates media conferences/interviews with administrative and clinical leaders, physicians, and patients; and talking points for same.
Customer Problem Resolution:
* Consistently monitors comments and reviews. Elevates negative comments to provide speedy service recovery for negative comments/reviews. * Leverages Binary Fountain reporting and Reputation Management tools and processes to continuously elevate ratings and reputation for the facilities.
Managing Public Relations & Communications
* Stays abreast of hospital news, trends, services, and objectives through building and maintaining relationships with various clients (clinical and operational leaders from throughout the hospital), physicians, physician liaisons, and others who serve as resources for information, which can be directed as appropriate to external or internal (employee) audiences. * Contributes to development of materials needed in print, online, digital, video, blog and web. * Supports social media and digital communities via regular, active posts and information sharing under the direction of the Facility PR and Communications Director. * Supports management of online business listings under the direction of the Facility PR and Communications Director. * Understands internal and external policies, procedures, and regulations that impact the marketing environment. Ensures adherence of marketing activities and web properties to these policies.
* Drives community and customer engagement to heighten our positive reputation within the community. * Identifies meaningful health care related community activities in the hospital’s defined service area that complement the organization’s goals. Develops and coordinates events and programs in coordination with Division and hospital goals
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
* Less than 1 year
* Bachelor’s Degree Required
* Effective management and communication skills; both orally and written. * Ability to effectively present information to top management and public groups. * Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
* Requires the ability to travel from one location to another within the Division. May be needed to work early morning, evening and weekend hours. Position includes overnight travel on an as needed basis. * Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to document, develop and communicate necessary information. Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 20 pounds occasionally. Work may be stressful at times.
*Supervisors Team Leaders & Coordinators
Facility Coordinator PR & Communications, Full Time
Florida-Miami-Kendall Regional Medical Center - Kendall