Washington, DC, United States
Bluecollar, Law Enforcement, Internship, Pr
Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Assists Amtrak’s Operation Lifesaver Lead Program Specialist in a variety of railroad safety communications projects, ranging from publicizing safety events like Operation Clear Track to coordinating media outreach, web-based platform and content development, and other related duties as required.
* Build and execute social media strategy through research, benchmarking, messaging and audience identification.
* Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video or HTML) that builds meaningful connections utilizing a content management system.
* Set up and optimize the http://stayoffthestracks.org web and social pages within each platform to increase the visibility of company’s social content
* Moderate all user-generated content.
* Create editorial calendars and schedules.
* Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights and best practices, and then act on the information
* Collaborate with other departments and safety-oriented organizations to manage reputation and coordinate actions
* Assists in the development of public affairs materials ranging from flyers to video productions.
* Performs other duties as required.
*This position begins Spring/January 2019
* Must be actively pursuing an undergraduate degree inPublic Administration, Communications, Business, New Media or Public Relations
* Must be actively pursuing a degree at an accredited educational institution.
* Strong PC skills, including Microsoft Office.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills. Skills in conveying information and ideas in a variety of media to a varied audience in a clear and compelling manner.
* Must have at least 1 year of academic undergraduate studies completed or a sophomore status
* Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
* Available to work a minimum of 15 hours per week between the days/hours: Monday-Friday, 8a-5p
* Experience with mobile technology, and research/writing experience
COMMUNICATION AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Posting Location(s):District of Columbia; Maryland; Virginia
Job Family/Function:Communications; Safety & Security
Education Requirements:High School/GED
Employment Experience Requirements:1 - 3 years of experience
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job - we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping Amtrak safe and drug-free.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR section 40.25), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety- sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for Amtrak to obtain these records, he/she will not permitted to perform safety-sensitive functions.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Amtrak is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome all to apply. We consider candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability (including blindness), or veteran status.
POSTING NOTES: Communications; Safety & Security || No Additional
Website : https://www.amtrak.com
The National Railroad Passenger Corporation, Amtrak, is a corporation striving to deliver a high quality, safe, on-time rail passenger service that exceeds customer expectations. Learn all about Amtrak here from every angle.