Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc.
Video Ad Tech Ops Engineer
Be a part of the future of local news with NewsON! This free,
ad-supported streaming service provides instant access to live
or on-demand broadcasts across the United States on over-the-top
platforms and mobile devices. NewsON is working to create an
iconic platform that informs and connects people via relevant,
professionally produced local news to build stronger communities
and drive media innovation.
NewsON is seeking a smart, technically savvy, and driven Video
Ad Tech Ops Engineer. We are looking for someone who is
collaborative, flexible, resourceful, and has a positive
attitude. We need creative problem solvers who have excellent
time management skills and are comfortable working in an open
office environment. NewsON is the largest streaming service for
local TV news broadcasts with US coverage in 113 DMAs covering
over 80% of the US population. The offering is available today
on iOS, Android and Roku, and is in development for new
platforms. NewsON s ideal prospective customers will be large
traditional network TV agencies that seek to expand their reach
across platforms, as well as national consumer brands that
purchase video media on a sponsorship or impression basis.
NewsON is a division of Sinclair Broadcast Group, the nation s
largest local media company.
* Provide technical support for OTT and mobile platforms, ad
technology providers and live/VOD content in a dynamic
digital media environment.
* Work with multiple vendors to help diagnose, isolate and
resolve video ad technology and related issues.
* Be a team player in a small, high-performance group to
deliver results within a large enterprise, with adaptability
and excellent prioritization skills.
* Working knowledge of video distribution and advertising
capabilities in IPTV or OTT providers
* Basic AppleTV/FireTV/RokuTV development experience (e.g.
building and running a sample app from a vendor for
* End-to-end system design, integration and testing of digital
video broadcast and delivery systems
* Video ad experience including with DFP in an OTT
environment, including implementation, monitoring and
* Hardware, software and network knowledge
* Deep understanding of compression and streaming video
technologies HLS, FMP4, DASH, VAST/VPAID, Client and
Server Side DAI.
* HTTP traffic and protocols for video delivery and
troubleshooting HTTP communication
* Understanding of Internet protocols such as FTP, HTTP (XML,
HTML), and SSH
* Knowledge in TV streaming standards (MPEG2, SCTE-35,
* Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and collaboration
* Scripting for CLI and automated tasks (e.g. Bash, Python,
* Brightscript development experience a plus
* Familiar with IPTV set-top boxes and IPTV deployment a plus
* Experience with DFP and/or DFP DAI a plus
* Education: 4-year degree in Communications or Computer
* Experience: At least 2 years of Ad Tech experience
* At least 1 year of OTT experience (Roku, FireTV, AppleTV)
NewsON is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug
Seattle, Washington, United States
HR.SINCLAIR SEATTLE INTERACTIVE.Remote.Seattle.WA
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc.
Website : http://www.sbgi.net
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is one of the largest and most diversified television broadcasting companies in the country today. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides sales services to 87 television stations in 47 markets. Sinclair's television group reaches approximately 27.1% of US television households and includes FOX, ABC, MyTV, CW, CBS, NBC, MTN and Azteca affiliates. Sinclair, either directly or through its Ventures subsidiary, makes equity investments in strategic companies. Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. was founded in 1986, went public in 1995 and is traded on the Nasdaq Exchange under the ticker symbol SBGI.