SUMMARY OF JOB DUTIES
The Recruitment and Marketing Specialist will plan, develop, and produce creative, high quality and cost-effective student recruitment communications for various audiences using multiple media and tools. This position will interface with and conduct regular meetings with faculty, alumni, key stakeholders, and project leads to develop communications and marketing content for the customer relationship management system, publications, and web; participate in strategic communications planning for projects and initiatives; track ROI for marketing campaigns and events; and promote the image of the **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. to internal and external constituencies and help increase international undergraduate and international and domestic graduate enrollment.
Regular, reliable, and non-disruptive attendance is an essential job duty, as is the ability to create and maintain collegial, harmonious working relationships with others.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: PLEASE ENSURE THAT ALL RELEVANT APPLICATION MATERIALS INCLUDE DETAILS ADDRESSING THE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS. APPLICANTS NOT MEETING THE MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS WILL BE DISQUALIFIED FROM CONSIDERATION.
* The formal education equivalent of a bachelor s degree from an accredited institution of higher education conferred by August 1, 2018
* Proven success in program development and implementation
* Experience with social media and the production of materials in various media such as print (brochures, newsletters) and web design
* Experience with document layout software such as Publisher, Adobe, Indesign, PhotoShop, and Page Maker
DOES THIS JOB REQUIRE ANY LICENSE(S)/CERTIFICATION(S)*
IF YES, PLEASE SPECIFY
* Master s Degree from an accredited institution of higher education
* Experience working in Higher Education environment
* Demonstrated ability to work with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds
* Experience planning and implementing effective marketing and recruitment strategies utilizing best practices, research, and data analysis; project management experience; experience with customer relationship management systems
* At least two years of experience in communications and marketing
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAS)
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and various document layout software
* Knowledge of student recruitment and retention practices and principles
* Outstanding organizational, oral, and written communication skills and marketing skills
* Skilled in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public
* Ability to demonstrate strong decision-making and organizational skills delivered from a student-centered perspective
* Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships
* Ability to be creative and energetic with a high level of initiative
* Ability to work with diverse groups, multi-task and have a true commitment to teamwork
* Ability to travel locally and regionally
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES ASSOCIATED WITH THIS POSITION
The following physical activities are associated with the position and will be performed with or without an accommodation. All individuals are encouraged to apply.
* Manipulate items with fingers, including keyboarding
* Repetitive motion
The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; and/or visual inspection at distances close to the eyes.
None. The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work).
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
IS THIS POSITION WEATHER/EVENT ESSENTIAL* IF YES, THE EMPLOYEE IN THIS POSITION WILL REPORT TO WORK AT THE SCHEDULED TIME WHEN THE UNIVERSITY IS CLOSED DUE TO INCLEMENT CONDITIONS.
Fayetteville Campus - G. David Gearhart Hall
Starting $35,000 (commensurate with education and/or experience)
DOES THIS POSITION REQUIRE A MOTOR VEHICLE REPORTS CHECK*
DOES THIS POSITION REQUIRE A BACKGROUND CHECK*
IF YES, PLEASE SPECIFY
* Criminal background check
* Sex offender registry check
DOES THIS POSITION REQUIRE A SUBSTANCE ABUSE TEST*
PRE-EMPLOYMENT SCREENING REQUIREMENTS
The **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is committed to providing a safe campus community. We conduct background checks for applicants being considered for employment. Background checks include a criminal background check and a sex offender registry check. For certain positions, there may also be a financial (credit) background check, a Motor Vehicle Registry (MVR) check, and/or drug screening. Required checks are identified in the position listing. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication or adverse financial history information alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
The **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution. The university welcomes applications without regard to age, race, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, disability, religion, marital or parental status, protected veteran status, military service, genetic information, sexual orientation or gender identity. Persons must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States on the first day of employment. All applicant information is subject to public disclosure under the Arkansas Freedom of Information Act.
University of Arkansas
Website : http://www.uark.edu
The University of Arkansas boasts a tradition unique among the nation's universities: Senior Walk, consisting of more than three miles of sidewalks crisscrossing campus that are engraved with the names of more than 150,000 graduates, dating back nearly 140 years. It’s concrete proof of the university’s commitment to our students. That 'students-first' philosophy is a big reason why the U of A is consistently ranked among the nation's top public research universities and best values. We work hard to ensure a low student-to-faculty ratio that promotes plenty of personal attention and mentoring opportunities. The Carnegie Foundation classifies the university as having "the highest possible level of research," placing us among the top 2 percent of colleges and universities nationwide.