University Recruitment Specialist - Part Time-1802042
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We achieve this through our commitment to continuous improvement and operational excellence, which gives us the opportunity to set and deliver on ambitious, long-term goals.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. This allows for our employees to innovate and generate new ideas, put them into action, and gain insights from them to further advance our collective expertise.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2017. We strongly support the spirit of collaboration through effectively involving team members and colleagues from other relevant units when developing and executing strategies and projects. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
University Recruitment Specialist (1802042) - Florham Park
Where the Chemistry Happens
The University Recruitment Specialist is a part-time position that is also a job-share role. You must be able to work a minimum of 17.5 hours, but no more than 30 hours a week. In this role, you will manage university recruiting relationships with internal school contacts, career centers, and students at key schools for our Engineering and Agricultural professional development programs. You will attend National Diversity Conferences, be responsible for social media campaigns and branding for the UR team, and perform vendor management for our promotional inventory. In addition, you own the school relationships and ensure sourcing channels are delivering ROI.
QUALIFICATIONS - BASF RECOGNIZES INSTITUTIONS OF HIGHER EDUCATION WHICH ARE ACCREDITED BY THE COUNCIL FOR HIGHER EDUCATION ACCREDITATION OR EQUIVALENT
Formula for Success
- Leveraging your educational background and professional experience in Human Resources and recruiting (especially university recruitment), you will work with Program Managers to develop and assess the core school goals and objectives each year while developing a diversity recruitment strategy to align with Diversity+Inclusion goals.
- Your strong ability to make hiring decisions independently will be a valued asset as you source quality university candidates through a broad range of cost-effective techniques on- and off-campus, and conduct screening and selection interviews.
- Your attention to detail will be essential as you coordinate with existing affinity groups to arrange support for recruiting activities, and manage the selection of appropriate venues, channels, and relationships required to achieve diversity hiring targets.
- Successfully engaging across the organization, you will provide guidance to hiring managers, interns, and full-time program hires on policies, processes, and regulatory issues.
- Your previous technical recruiting background will be helpful as you must remain current with recruiting best practices to effectively screen and extend offers of employment to successful candidates.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
PRIMARY LOCATION: US-NJ-Florham Park
FUNCTION: HRES - Human Resources
JOB TYPE: Standard
SHIFT: Day Job
ORGANIZATION: NTH-Human Resources
Website : http://www.basf.com/
BASF is the world’s leading chemical company – The Chemical Company. With about 111,000 employees, six Verbund sites and close to 370 production sites worldwide we serve customers and partners in almost all countries of the world. In 2011, BASF posted sales of €73.5 billion and income before special items of approximately €8.4 billion. We combine economic success, social responsibility and environmental protection. Through science and innovation we enable our customers in almost all industries to meet the current and future needs of society.