Dir, Internal Comms, Products & Services
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
At Comcast, we're committed to delivering amazing products and a customer experience that people love and trust; and our employees are pivotal to our success. As we seek to always exceed the expectations of our customers, we're more focused than ever on engaging and equipping our employees with the right information, tools and resources to do so.
In support of these efforts, we are seeking a Director of Internal Communications to join our team an individual who shares our company's passion for innovation and for delivering a great product and customer experience.
The role of Director, Employee Communications, Products and Services, will support all internal communications activities related to educating and marketing Comcast's full array of Xfinity products and services (Internet, Video, Voice, Home and Mobile) to our 90,000 corporate and cable employees. This individual will partner with Executives and Leaders, as well as Communicators companywide, to drive and integrate communications strategies across the business. He/she will be a key contributor in a fast-paced, complex and constantly changing environment. He/she will lead teams or projects, leveraging communications expertise-and be part of cross-functional teams established to implement new product launches and initiatives.
- Develops and executes strategic employee communications and engagement plans designed to support our business objectives of innovating and simplifying the product experience, driving growth and improving the overall customer experience.
- Works with various teams, including Xfinity Services, Technology, Product, Xperience (TPX), Learning & Development, Sales & Marketing and External Communications to develop communications strategies and materials that help internal audiences engage in and promote the brand.
- Acts as key liaison to Executives and Leaders at both Corporate Headquarters and within the Field Organization to ensure awareness and understanding of employee-facing communications strategies, plans, tools and resources, etc.
- Partners closely with the extended Internal Communications network (HR, Division, Region, Business Unit and Functional Communicators) to ensure alignment across the company and the timely and effective dissemination of messaging and materials to employees.
- Drafts internal announcements and content specific to product launches, enhancements and milestones; writes effectively and with appropriate tone for internal audiences.
- Strengthens and develops new strategies for how to reach employees across our diverse population who work in and outside of the physical workplace. Relies on data and analytics to assess communications effectiveness and refine and improve approaches.
- Keeps communications fresh, creative, and engaging; regularly develops and explores new ideas and strategies, such as the use of digital technology and platforms, video, graphic design, demos and webinars, etc.
- Project manages and executes employee events and activities.
- Leads and develops one direct report.
- Manages consultants/contracted resources as needed, including creative agencies, event planning firms, graphic designers, etc.
- Assists with annual budget (i.e., people and expense dollars).
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- 10 to 15 years of experience and Bachelor's Degree required; background in Internal Communications, Public Relations and Marketing preferred.
- Proven experience with designing and executing strategic communications plans to reach target audiences.
- Previous in-house corporate communications experience is preferred.
- Ability to effectively work with internal and external communications teams to align messaging.
- Previous people management experience.
- Superior verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Efficient, fast-working, results-oriented creative leader; ability to distill complex concepts into key messages.
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective partnerships across an organization at all levels.
- Graphic design experience is highly desirable.
- Video production experience a plus.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Website : http://corporate.comcast.com
Comcast Corporation operates as a media and technology company worldwide. It operates through Cable Communications, Cable Networks, Broadcast Television, Filmed Entertainment, and Theme Parks segments. The Cable Communications segment offers video, high-speed Internet, and voice services to residential and business customers under the XFINITY brand name. This segment also provides business services, such as cellular backhaul services to mobile network operators; Ethernet network services; and online advertising services. The Cable Networks segment operates national cable networks, which provide entertainment, news and information, and sports content; regional sports and news networks; international channels; and cable television production operations, as well as owns digital media properties. The Broadcast Television segment operates NBC and Telemundo broadcast networks, NBC and Telemundo owned local broadcast television stations, and broadcast television production operations, as well as owns digital media properties. The Filmed Entertainment segment produces, acquires, markets, and distributes live-action and animated filmed entertainment under the Universal Pictures, Focus Features, and Illumination names. This segment also develops, produces, and licenses stage plays, as well as owns digital media properties. The Theme Parks segment operates theme parks; studios; Island of adventures; and a dining, retail, and entertainment complex. Comcast Corporation was founded in 1963 and is headquartered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.