Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties may be assigned.
1. Writes, plans, organize, direct, coordinate and edit articles for publication in a variety of forms, including electronic publication. Coordinates all aspects of production of marketing materials.
2. Performs media relations duties to include: media buying, news releases, and fielding questions from media. Performs public relations duties to include: public and school education, presentations, tours of public facilities, and requests for information from the general public.
3. Assists in the planning and development of advertising/promotional campaigns/strategies.
4. Provides event coordination services i.e., arrange facilities, contact media, invite all appropriate groups and individuals, etc.
5. Designs, researches, write and edit newsletters and releases for internal or external use.
6. Develops and updates intranet and internet web sites.
7. Produces public service announcements and videos and photography for promotional use.
8. Designs and maintains databases i.e., mailing lists, association & organization lists, etc.
9. Receives, investigates, and answers questions from external media and public. Serves as liaison for media and general public.
Responsibilities – Supervisor and/or Leadership Exercised: Conducts training of personnel regarding: how to communicate with the media, train external media on departments’ media standard operating procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
Knowledge of public information, marketing, public relations, media relations programs.
Knowledge of the functions and organization of municipal government, to include the relationships between departments, divisions and agencies.
Knowledge of the principles associated with the role of meeting the necessary standards of customer service.
Knowledge Federal, State and Local laws.
Knowledge of city practice, policy and procedures.
Skill in oral and written communication.
Skill in handling multiple projects and prioritizing.
Skill in using computers and related software.
Skill in data analysis and problem solving.
Skill in planning and organizing.
Ability to interpret policies and guidelines.
Ability to write articles for publication.
Ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes in priorities.
Ability to lead and train others.
Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with other City employees and the public.
Does this job require a criminal background investigation?
This position does not require a criminal background investigation
Website : http://austinenergy.com
Austin Energy is the nation’s eighth largest publicly-owned electric utility and a department of the City of Austin. Our mission is to deliver clean, affordable, reliable energy and excellent customer service. Our utility provides electricity to more than 420,000 customers and a population of almost one million in the City of Austin, several neighboring cities, unincorporated areas of Travis County, and a portion of Williamson County.