Responsible for the development and implementation of Cubic's internal communications strategy for the company and across the business units, working closely with variety of departments and regional offices. This role will also focus on executing strategic communication initiatives including change management, leadership communications, success stories and employee/team/technology spotlights. Ensure employees are kept informed and motivated using broad range of communication channels. Responsible for project management from beginning to end, including assessing scope of work, understanding project goals, developing timelines, traffic control and ensuring deadlines are met. This position typically works under limited supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise substantial and discretionary decision-making authority.
JOB SUMMARY: As part of the Corporate Communications department, the Internal Communications Representative is responsible for the development and implementation of internal communications strategy to ensure regular, timely and relevant flow of information throughout the organization using a variety of channels, including print, digital and multimedia, and to support and improve employee engagement. Primary responsibility includes managing the content strategy for the Company intranet, as well as maintenance, publication and overall engagement activities. This position typically works under general supervision and direction.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Develop, publish and manage content strategy for the Company intranet, as well as provide oversight, guidance and training to business partner-owned sections. Create and manage an editorial calendar to ensure unique and fresh content.
* Plan, edit and write creative and engaging content for various communications channels, including monthly newsletter articles, videos, global and business partner email communications.
* Facilitate the development of internal leadership presentations, business unit communications, announcements and employee All-Hands meeting content.
* Project lead for the logistics and planning for select internal events; execute on key tactics and create promotional materials and messaging to drive participation.
* Lead monitoring and measurement activities to analyze the effectiveness of communications strategies, employee meetings and campaigns; problem solve and implement adjustments as necessary.
* Manage the Company Technology Demonstration Room to ensure all exhibits are in full operation, and subject matter experts are prepared and trained to operate demonstrations for key customer and shareholder visits.
* Collaborate with corporate and business unit stakeholders to ensure Company branding alignment and ensure all internal messaging is consistent and maps to Cubic s overall strategic goals.
* Drive the creation, editing and design of employee-focused communications, including change management initiatives and engagement campaigns.
* Lead and drive projects from start to finish, including assessing scope of work, understanding project goals, developing timelines, traffic control and ensuring deadlines are met.
* Proactively communicate with key project stakeholders to provide updates on projects, budgets, schedules and objectives.
* Demonstrate good judgment and discretion with confidential information.
* Support general administrative duties.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Bachelor s degree preferably in advertising, communications, marketing, business or related field. Minimum of two years experience working in a marketing, communications and/or administrative function. Requires knowledge of best internal communication practices. Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail. Must also have demonstrated ability to multitask and work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment; and ensure deadlines are met with a high accuracy rate. AP writing style is a must. Knowledge of website editing, Adobe creative suite and video production software is a plus.
The description provided above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements. Duties, responsibilities and requirements may change over time and according to business need.
Cubic is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, We are committed to ensuring a workplace free of discrimination based on race, color, religion, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, military or veteran status, and any other basis protected by applicable law.
Founded by Walter J. Zable, Cubic began life as a small electronics company in a San Diego storefront in 1951. The employees' tireless efforts over the next few years laid the foundation for large-scale product diversification and growth. During the decade of the 1960s, Cubic grew by 588 percent. Among Cubic's early successes were the introduction of products such as precision distance measuring equipment, and aerial photo mapping and survey systems. The company also developed the nation's first electronic stadium scoreboard in 1966 for San Diego's stadium.