August 11, 2018
San Antonio, Texas
The Visual Communications Specialist II position is responsible for creating deliverables in a variety of formats to meet the needs of the Southeast Texas and South Texas regions of CHRISTUS Health, which include facilities such as CHRISTUS Southeast Texas Health System, CHRISTUS Spohn Health System and CHRISTUS Santa Rosa Health System.
The Specialist will use a variety of tools and techniques to design, create, record, edit and produce video and photographic deliverables, mostly for internal use. This may include--but is not limited to--videos and photos for use on closed-circuit TVs, digital messaging boards, social media, the CHRISTUS intranet and studio and event photography for use in printed and digital media, along with another visual materials needed to communicate a desired message to reach a target audience. He or she will utilize promotional production experience in shooting, producing, editing and lighting high quality videos to produce impactful and relevant video content.
The Specialist will adhere to and help implement CHRISTUS Health's new brand standards, which direct things like image choice, messaging and tone, and font and icon selection, to create a consistent CHRISTUS brand nationally and internationally.
To accomplish this, the Specialist will work under the direction of CHRISTUS Health's Creative Services Manager and collaborate closely with the system VP of Communications and Public Affairs as well as key system Marketing/Communications leaders.
Action oriented - Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
Customer focus- Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Communicates effectively- Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
Decision quality- Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
Collaborates- Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Nimble learning- Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder.
* Work with internal clients to determine their requirements and budget and create outputs to meet their needs. Brief and advise them with regard to design style, format, print production and timetables.
* Manage client proposals from concept through to design, print and production.
videos and photos for use on closed-circuit TVs, digital messaging boards, social media, the CHRISTUS intranet and studio and event photography for use in printed and digital media.
* Utilize promotional production experience in shooting, producing, editing and lighting high quality videos to produce impactful and relevant video content.
* Help implement CHRISTUS Health's new brand standards by adhering to guidelines related to image choice, messaging and tone, and font and icon selection, to create a consistent CHRISTUS brand nationally and internationally.
* Participate in ongoing education to learn new products for implementing new design techniques and trens.
* Coordinate all administrative aspects of production, including creating initial designs and receivng approval; lighting, recording and shooting video; editing videos and adding relevant video modules; work with client to edit and receive approval; deliver final high quality product on predetermined timeline. Ensure that all parties are informed of and meet deadlines.
* Represent regions and CHRISTUS system on various internal committees and task forces, as requested.
* Maintain ad agency relationship and vendor relationships, as appropriate to responsibilities.
* Work collaboratively with members of the CHRISTUS Health Communications and Marketing Teams to assist in implementing strategies.
* Work simultaneously on multiple projects, prioritizing by deadline and importance.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Ability to organize and prioritize work balancing interruptions, distractions, and fluctuating workload.
* Ability to establish and meet critical deadlines.
* Self-starter with the ability to accomplish and take appropriate steps to achieve success.
* Ability to collaborate with internal and external customers.
* Bachelor's degree in photojournalism, journalism, Marketing, Communications, or related field or an equivalent of education plus videography experience required.
* Ability to travel occasionally.
* Ability to use a computer for extended periods of time, including Microsoft Office tools and various graphics and video programs for video, phtoography and sound editing.
* Ability to work extended hours on occasion, including some weekends and evenings.
* Must be able to work rapidly, under pressure, and with frequent interruptions.
* Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, with strong conceptual skills.
* Excellent organizational and project management skills.
* 3 - 5 years of direct experience in marketing, communications, news, television or other promotional production experience required.
* Experience utilizing technology and software tools like Macintosh, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Acrobat Illustrator and Adobe PhotoShop to edit video and photos and finalize designs for production.