Fargo, ND, United States
Manager, Marketing, Pr
May 11, 2021
Aug 24, 2021
US Education Industry Marketing Manager
At Microsoft, our mission is to empower every person and every organization to achieve more. Our public sector customers are on a mission to improve and deliver services, and to educate and skill our students and communities. The US Public Sector Marketing team is seeking a strong marketer to work closely with our US Education sales and marketing teams, and to partner internally and externally across a number of organizations, to drive highly-targeted, marketing programs and engagement to create and build relationships across influencers who individuals who influence decisions in education policy and technology. This position is within our US Marketing and Operations team (US M&O) and will specifically focus on our higher education market; experience and knowledge of this market and the ecosystem is highly desired.
· Leadership and Executive Presence: Ability to lead cross-functional v-teams, and to communicate to sales and marketing leaders within Microsoft, and directly with customers and partners.
· Data-driven marketing and storytelling: A combination of using data to drive marketing strategy and plans, and being able to tell the stories of what contributes to success with our customers
· Integrated marketing: Ability to build and execute end to end campaigns
· Develop and drive a framework for identifying and engaging with key influencers and associations, and for building and executing on nurturing programs for these target audiences, including in-person, digital, and other types of engagement.
· Partner with our communications and PR teams to drive messaging and storytelling with our customers and communities, through the voice of our influencer community.
· Execute marketing programs as part of iterative multi-touch campaigns aligned with sales priorities along the customer journey, including leading activities such as 1st and 3rd party events, customer briefings, and digital and social media marketing campaigns
· Represent landed marketing activity and resources for seller action; communicate customer insights from marketing investment and consumption of marketing programs.
· Ensure strong connection between marketing calls-to-action and sales follow-up that drives net-new opportunities and pipeline
· Measuring results: Regularly evaluate return on marketing investment; participate in analyzing our top deals to help target future marketing; participate in monthly business reviews
US Marketing & Operations (USM&O) is the ‘Marketing and COO’ function for Microsoft United States (MSUS), also known as the US subsidiary. USM&O executes company strategy and priorities that enable us to achieve our business goals with a focus on B2B customer engagement by developing and executing on go-to-market programs (GTMs), Marketing Campaigns, and a Field Operating Model. Driving a common operating model across the US subsidiary ensures consistent, measurable execution and landing of priorities. Driving alignment with our internal corporate partners in organizations including Product Marketing, Marketing & Consumer Business (MCB), Worldwide Commercial Business (WCB), Engineering, and Field Leadership is also critical to our collective success, as is continuing to listen, learn and respond via rapid feedback loops.
Successful candidates will have a mininum of 5 years relevant work experience and a BS/BA dregree (or equivalent work experience). MBA is a plus. Experience marketing to public sector organizations, relationship and executive programs, and in digital marketing is strongly recommended. This position requires demostrating adaptability, leadership, effective collaboration skills, a strong track record of working with enterprise sales teams, customer obsession, drive for results, analyzing key insights that link marketing execution to business outcomes, social media experience and acumen, and ability to learn/share the value proposition of Microsoft’s technical solutions. Approximately 0% to 30% travel in the US. This position is preferred to be located in the Bellevue, WA area, but can be located anywhere in the US.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form (https://careers.microsoft.com/us/en/accommodationrequest) .
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Website : http://www.microsoft.com