Sr. Analyst, Public Relations
IHOP is seeking a Sr. Analyst, Public Relations to join its growing Communications team. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone building a career in PR to join an innovative, fun, food-centric company. In this role, you’ll focus on Consumer/Product PR, increasing brand awareness in the media for IHOP through a steady stream of press coverage across multiple categories. This is an ideal role for someone who loves food, the fast-evolving media landscape, and is eager to roll their sleeves up and learn.
Working with the Executive Director of Communications, this team member will:
• Pitch and secure media coverage across broadcast, online, and print for IHOP on topics including but not limited to: limited-time offers, brand launches, business/heritage stories, industry roundups, special events and more.
• Build and maintain a robust media database -- conduct research to constantly build a rolodex of new relevant outlets and contacts.
• Vet inbound media inquiries using sound judgment, tact and follow up.
• Draft, update and distribute press materials.
• Manage details related to brand activations and events
• Media monitoring, measuring, and reporting
• Support special PR projects as needed, such as merchandising and licensing agreements
• Assist with annual strategic planning for PR and partner closely with an external agency partner(s)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing or related field
• 2-4 years’ experience in a PR/Communications role – agency experience a plus.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• A true “go getter” – you’re proactive and always think two steps ahead.
• The ability to multi-task and work independently in a highly organized, detail oriented manner.
• Have impeccable attention to detail – you can spot a typo a mile away and are diligent with formatting and fact-checking
• An avid news junkie who keeps up with trends both in and outside of the food industry
• Ability to think creatively and out of the box to see your story
• A critical thinker who uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• A team player with a fantastic can-do attitude
• Results driven individual who pushes projects to completion with a sense of urgency and without missing details. Focus activities that have tangible business outcomes to drive sales and traffic
• Proficient in Cision, MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Excited to work in a fast-paced environment with constant change
• A passion for food!
Real Life - Benefits For You
Along with an inclusive environment and great advancement opportunities, we offer a banquet of benefits that will protect your health, ensure your future and provide the tools you need to succeed at work and in life.
· Competitive Pay
· Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance for you and your family
· Disability Coverage
· Coverage for Domestic Partner
· Flexible Dependent and Health Spending Accounts
· 401(k) Savings Plan with company matching contributions
· Paid Time Off - vacation, sick and personal days
· Employee Assistance Program - for help with life's challenges and planning for your future
DineEquity was created from a foundation established by IHOP—an American icon to our guests and a franchising company providing strategic, visionary leadership for our franchisees, unparalleled opportunities for our team members, and enhancing value for our shareholders. By bringing Applebee's together with IHOP in 2007, we made a bold, new commitment to our brand-revitalization abilities, to the power of franchising, and made our two businesses more successful than either brand could have been apart.
We are a global leader and envision a future where DineEquity is the world’s leading Restaurant Company of iconic brands. We are innovators, always trying to deliver a better guest experience and take accountability for our actions. We are committed to the highest ethical standards and build trust through honest, open communication. We foster a nimble, collaborative and creative environment. Our team members embrace these values and see how our actions affect our franchisees, our brands, and in the communities we serve.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to inclusion in the workplace.
We offer reasonable accommodation in the employment process for individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance in the application or hiring process to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please contact our Guest Support at 1.888.592.7753.
The Age Discrimination in Employment Act prohibits discrimination on the basis of age with respect to individuals who are at least 40 years of age.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility document form upon hire.
We participate in E-Verify. E-Verify is an internet-based system operated by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, in partnership with the Social Security Administration, that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees.
Website : http://dineequity.com
DineEquity was created from a foundation established by IHOP® - an American icon to our guests and a franchising company focused on providing strategic, visionary leadership for our franchisees, unparalleled opportunities for our team members, and enhancing value for our shareholders. By bringing Applebee's® together with IHOP in November 2007, we made a bold, new commitment to our brand-revitalization abilities and to the power of franchising. DineEquity has successfully made our two businesses more powerful and more successful than either brand could have been apart. Our dedicated focus combined with a core expertise in brand revitalization and franchising know-how is the basis for the winning formula that has defined the financial success of our business in recent years. As reported by Nation's Restaurant News, Applebee's and IHOP are the category leaders in casual and family dining, respectively.