See more jobs like this
CGH Technologies, Inc. (CGH) is a business solutions firm, specializing in Data Management, Software Engineering, and Business Intelligence solutions. Located within the Washington corridor, CGH has worked successfully with Government, Commercial and International sectors, providing management, development and maintenance, and support of large and complex environments. CGH has an exciting opportunity for a seasoned Proposal Writer to join the CGH Team.
The Proposal writer will take the company's ability to deliver needed services, study a Request for Proposals (RFP) and package the company's services into a written bid or proposal in response to the RFP. The effective proposal writer knows how to manage time, company resources and personnel so they can deliver a proposal that adheres firmly to an RFP. They also know how to express themselves well verbally and in writing. developing and preparing proposals that respond to Requests for Proposals (RFPs). Proposal writers are also expected to develop presentations and field and respond to any requests for information for the company's marketing.
* Work closely with multiple teams and representatives of teams, such as technical staff and the contract department.
* Write technical sections of proposal.
* Develop good working relationships with people internally and externally to the company.
* Track proposals and performance databases, write proposals and other documentation, update existing databases, making sure that proposals in progress are in compliance with instructions, manage production and the distribution of all work documents, and ensure proposal formatting.
* Help with developing and writing about technical solutions, work solutions, and gathering critical information for different clients.
* Responsible for writing business/technical proposals to convince clients to associate with the organization.
* Present information to clients in an elaborate manner, enlisting the strengths of the company and making it a strong contender for getting a contract.
* Have good written skills, with an ability to present the strengths of the company in the best possible way.
* Comprehend data and statistics and pen it down in a concise manner to help clients get an overview of the company. Work under pressure situations and meet deadlines.
* Understand and represent company mission, vision, and values to all internal and external customers.
* Collaborate with subject matter experts and other writers to refine proposal sections to ensure accuracy, compliance, consistency and reflection of win strategies.
* Contribute to business development efforts for new sales and marketing to promote the business, including responses to requests for quotes, sources sought, proposals, and/or presentations as request.
* Understand the activities of the entire federal government proposal process, from pre-RFP through customer debriefs.
* Analyze request for Proposals (RFPs), produce a high level summary and quickly provide a snapshot on the proposal requirements.
* Have excellent writing, communication and presentation skills, experience in preparation of government proposals and/or grants a must.
* Ability to work with executive leadership throughout the proposal process.
* Create new content for management, past performance, quality control, and staffing sections based on research.
* Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the Company's technologies, clients, and business divisions in order to assist in the proposal process.
* Participate in the activities involved in the quality resolution of issues or concerns associated with proposal submitted.
* Track and report all Win/Loss information to help evaluate the performance of our business development proposal process.
Number of Years Experience Required:
* 7 years experience writing
* 3 years experience in government contracts environment a must
Minimum Education and Certifications Required:
* Bachelor's degree in English, Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Business Administration or related field; or equivalent experience.
Technical Skills Required:
* Experience using PowerPoint, Access, and Project software packages is preferred
* Proficient in Microsoft Office suite such as Outlook, Access, Excel, Word and MS Project
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
* U.S. Citizen or person with valid U.S. Work Visa who has lived in the U.S. for 10 or more years.
* Strong communication--verbal and written--skills, organizational skills, and ability to maintain working files and revisions of documents.
* Must be able to handle and use constructive feedback in order to make needed changes to documents and proposals.
* Creativity to develop branding and marketing material to position corporation for a competitive advantage.
* Demonstrated ability to translate complicated ideas into language easily understood by others.
* Review all existing corporate media to determine usability for future proposals.
* Willing to occasionally work evenings and weekends.
Candidates selected will be subject to a Government background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements.
CGH offers a comprehensive benefits package to include medical, dental, short- and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, commuter benefit, and flexible spending account. Other benefits include 401K, paid government holidays, and Paid Time Off (PTO).
CGH is an Equal Opportunity Employer SDL2017
Washington, Washington DC, United States of America
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.
7/10/2018 3:13:26 AM