Farm Credit Services of America
Sales / Business Development
Farm Credit Services of America
Farm Credit Services of America or Frontier Farm Credit Job Postings
Account Specialist (Level: 15C, 16C, 17C) Closing Date: 2-27-2018
Account Specialist (Level: 15C, 16C, 17C) Closing Date: 2-27-2018
POSITION REPORTS TO: Vice President - Retail Operations
Provide relationship support for all core products. Responsible for sales pipeline activities; including mining the portfolio and identifying prospects, coordinating pre-application and sales activities, and working with the sales team to coordinate customer events. Accountable for application processing and coordination after an application is submitted up to the point of closing preparation. Establish, develop, and maintain strong customer relationships by providing a consistent quality level of service that is timely, thorough, and responsive to the needs of the customer. This may include gathering financials, entering applications, addressing initial inquiries, and loan servicing actions through face-to-face interactions, telephone communication, written correspondence, and electronic communication. Work in a team environment to accomplish goals.
Relationship Support is defined as activities focused on regional sales success, customer retention, and sales team efficiency.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to:
1. Active member of the regional sales team responsible for the following sales pipeline activities:
Pre-Application & Sales Activities: Participate in sales meetings as needed. Partner with sales officers to gather and organize customer information for pre-call planning. Assist in development of sales presentations. May be involved in sales calls and cross-selling. Promote core products with customers and prospects. Discuss general terms and rates with customers utilizing established company guidelines in coordination with Financial Officers.
Plan and coordinate regional sales events and strategies: Direct and collaborate with regional team to identify priorities, plan, and coordinate sales events and strategies for all products. Develop agenda and invitation lists for sales events. Coordinate local direct mail campaigns. Leverage all corporate media plans, sales brochures, farm and trade shows, promotional efforts and other marketing tools. Assist the Public Relations & Marketing Team with developing new marketing materials. Serve as a resource to regional teams in developing advertising and public relations plans. Coordinate ad placements, serve as a contact person for local media representatives and coordinate news releases.
Mining the portfolio and identifying prospects: Utilize information from internal and external databases to identify sales opportunities for all core products with direction of sales team. Look for data to support cross-selling opportunities. Align data mining with needs of regional business plan.
Grade 16: Proactively utilize internal and external databases to independently identify sales opportunities for all core products. Demonstrate strong customer relationship process and business development skills.
Grade 17: Consistently mine internal and external databases to identify sales opportunities for all core products. Consistently cross-sell and promote core products. Display working knowledge of credit risk and ability to appropriately identify rate and terms based on that risk. When applicable, participate in sales meetings and activities. Demonstrate exemplary customer relationship process and business development skills.
2. Loan Application Processing & Coordination. Working with the Financial Officer, coordinate all application needs from post- application submittal through decision; identifying priorities and processes appropriately. Gather documentation and verification from customers as needed. Assist Financial Officers with entering applications when appropriate to enhance the customer experience and improve efficiency. Complete the financial verification process when required. Prepare appraisal requests with assistance from Financial Officer. Create collateral scenarios and update collateral values or Loan/NRV estimates in loan systems. Verify completeness of financial information prior to submittal. Assemble information and coordinate scanning into systems.
Grade 16: Consistent and accurate level of coordination and prioritization in managing the application process. High-level of direct contact and involvement with customers throughout the process. Process loan in entirety, including, but not limited to entering moderately complex applications and ordering appraisals with assistance from financial officer as needed.
Grade 17: Consistently initiate direct contact with customer to collect financials and other necessary documentation. Independently and frequently process loan in entirety, including, but not limited to updating balance sheets, entering complex applications, and ordering appraisals. Consistently handle complex customer accounts.
3. Existing Customer Servicing: At the direction of the Financial Officer, take loan servicing requests that alter existing terms of original loan and meet information gathering/processing needs. Coordinate action with underwriting team when credit risk analysis is needed. Coordinate and complete loan servicing actions involving other job families as needed. Coordinate and assist in monitoring ongoing loan conditions such as servicing plans, borrowing bases, etc. with the direction from the Financial Officer. Assist with construction loan monitoring with direction from the Closing Specialist and/or Consumer Lending Specialist. Provide back-up for operation team as needed to provide an exemplary customer experience.
Grade 16: Receive direction of the Financial Officer or directly from the customer, to take loan servicing requests that alter existing terms of original loan and meet information gathering/processing needs. Exhibit exemplary level of teamwork when coordinating loan serving activities with Closing Specialists and Consumer Lending Specialists. consistent level of direct contact and involvement with customers throughout the process. Demonstrate ability to accurately analyze collateral scenarios in regards to loan servicing actions.
Grade 17: Consistently take loan servicing requests directly from the customer that alter existing terms of original loan and meet information gathering/processing needs of that request. High-level of direct contact and involvement with customers throughout the process. Consistently handle large and complicated loan servicing actions with a high level of accuracy and detail. Consistently identify and initiate loan servicing actions as needed when working with existing customers.
Additional functions of the position may include:
1. Serve as a team Champion as these opportunities arise. A Champion is a person who voluntarily takes extraordinary interest in the adoption, implementation, and success of a cause, policy program, project, or product. Champions act as a point person and disseminate information, act as a resource, and advocate for the team.
2. Provide support to company initiatives and cross-functional workgroups as needed.
Grade 17: Consistently contributes to implementation of company initiatives and changes. Display willingness to participate in cross-functional workgroups. Clearly demonstrates leadership among Account Specialists peers and other team members by encouraging others to quickly adapt to company initiatives.
3. May mentor other Account Specialists.
Grade 17: Consistently mentor, train and/or coach Account Specialists or other team members. Demonstrate willingness to serve as an official representative in new employee training programs, learning communities, and other activities that promote the success of other Account Specialists.
4. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Grade 15: High school education or equivalent required. A minimum of one to three years related education and/or experience required. Two or four-year college degree or specialized training preferred. Fundamental understanding of credit analysis and lending preferred.
Grade 16: High school education or equivalent required. A minimum of three to five years of related experience and/or education required. Four-year degree and/or specialized training preferred. Solid understanding of credit analysis and lending required.
Grade 17: Must meet all specifications and consistently perform all duties as outlined for Levels 1,2, and 3. A minimum of five years of related experience and/or education required. Demonstrated specialized job knowledge in addition to exemplary team skills.Demonstrated thorough understanding and working knowledge of credit extension and administration processes.
• A broad working knowledge of Farm Credit Services of America/Frontier processes.
• Fundamental understanding and working knowledge of credit extension and administration processes.
• Solid understanding of FCSAmerica/Frontier products and services.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and direction.
• Basic knowledge of financial principles and their application to credit delivery.
• Ability to appropriately handle highly confidential materials.
• Demonstrated effective problem solving skills.
• Very high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Strong human relations, written and oral skills.
• Ability to initiate, organize and prioritize work.
• Knowledge of Association credit policies, procedures, standards and guidelines required.
• Ability to use loan origination system, loan accounting system, internal and external databases, computer systems and software applications.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment and effectively demonstrate team building attitude and skills. Effective conflict resolution skills.
• Proficient in Windows environment using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet Explorer.
• Effective presentation development skills.
Extensive internal contact with regional teams. Regular contact with Retail Credit Underwriting and other Omaha teams. Primary contact for Public Relations & Marketing Team.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Ability to operate a telephone; scanner, fax machine, calculator and a computer proficiently.
• Ability to hear telephone conversation and face-to-face conversation to serve customers and to give and receive information from staff, vendors, outside consultants and the public.
• Provides sound technical advice to clients and potential clients in the subject field(s) related to this position.
• Understands and explains various subject matter and consulting concepts, programs, terminology, and methods.
• Ability to reason, judge, compare, calculate, evaluate, decide, and critique such information as written material, numerical data, respond to customer needs and/or other related work activities.
• Ability to complete work in acceptable timeframe and manage a variety of detailed tasks and responsibilities simultaneously and with accuracy to meet deadlines, goals, and objectives and satisfy internal and external customer needs related to the job.
• Ability to use computer. This involves reading the screen and keying/typing information.
• Ability to work some irregular hours.
Requirements of the job include the ability to do the work, with or without reasonable accommodations. It is the Association's policy to make reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. Leadership retains the right to add, subtract or change duties of the position at any time.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than at will employment relationship.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to search results
View Similar Jobs:
View more Account Specialist Jobs
View more Sales / Business Development Jobs
View more Farm Credit Services of America Jobs
View More Jobs in Manchester, IA:
View more jobs in Manchester, Iowa
Account Specialist jobs in Manchester, Iowa
Sales / Business Development jobs in Manchester, Iowa
Farm Credit Services of America jobs in Manchester, Iowa
View More Jobs in IA:
View more jobs in Iowa
Account Specialist jobs in Iowa
Sales / Business Development jobs in Iowa
Farm Credit Services of America jobs in Iowa
View all Featured Jobs
About the Daily Gazette
Terms of Service
Browse All Jobs
Browse By Location
Browse By Category
Browse By Company
Post A Job
Farm Credit Services of America
Website : http://www.fcsamerica.com
Farm Credit Services of America, based in Omaha, Nebraska, is dedicated to serving the agricultural credit, risk management and financial needs of farmers and ranchers in Iowa, Nebraska, South Dakota and Wyoming. We are a part of the Farm Credit System, a nationwide agricultural network providing credit and affiliated services to farm and ranch operators across the United States. Overall, the Farm Credit System supplies the nation's agricultural industry with nearly one-third of its credit needs. For more information on the Farm Credit System and other Farm Credit Associations visit www.farmcredit.com.