Cancer and Careers
VP of Strategic Partnerships
CEWF/CAC - Development
Director of Development and Strategic Partnerships
Vice President of Development and Strategic Partnerships
Assistant Manager, Development and Strategic Partnerships
New York City
Purpose of Role
The Director oversees all assigned development activities for CEWF/CAC, with a focus on the expansion and broadening of revenue from sponsors, donors, partnerships, cause marketing events, and CAC sponsored programs. He/she works with the Executive Director and VP in the identification and execution of innovative sales and marketing strategies to drive revenue opportunities, and works with the Assistant Manager in researching, cultivating, and developing these relationships through the use of NetForum and various fundraising platforms. The Director supports the VP in the execution of the Development Communications Strategy by managing the Communications Calendar and ensuring that messages are sent to the various audiences accordingly. The Director ensures that all development activities are executed according to best practice policies, processes, and procedures and represent the vision and mission of the organization.
ENTRY LEVEL REQUIRMENTS:
ENTRY LEVEL REQUIREMENTS:
Skills and/or Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Business, Marketing or related field
· Master’s Degree in Business Management, Nonprofits, Communications or related field, a plus
· Certified Fund-Raising Executive (CFRE), a plus
· Seven or more years of experience in a nonprofit organization, with at least five of those years in a senior role within a diverse fund raising or development organization
· Significant experience in major donor/sponsor development, individual donor campaigns, donor database management, and special events
· Experience working with a governing board or comparable senior management group preferred
· Experience assisting with annual budget development, goal setting and creating performance metrics
· Demonstrated high level of writing and verbal skills to communicate and promote organizational mission
· Demonstrated proficiencies in Microsoft Office as well as a CRM database software, such as NetForum, Salesforce or Razor's Edge
1. Contributes to the creation, execution, and evaluation of CEWF/CAC’s annual development strategy to achieve targeted revenue goals.
2. Communicates the mission of CAC to multiple stakeholders through a variety of both written and verbal communication platforms.
3. Provides management and directionin the planning, execution, and evaluation of targeted development activities, including sponsorships, grants, board donors, cause marketing and fundraising partnerships and special events.
4. Cultivates relationships with current and potential funders; encourages sponsor engagement through meetings, presentations, and possible synergistic opportunities for deeper involvement. Stewards and upgrades existing sponsors, donors and partner relationships across all channels of giving.
5. Manages all individual giving campaigns, including all direct, event, and mobile marketing activities, and provides support as needed for other fundraising activities.
6. Supports the production of BOG including overseeing the timeline, producing the PPT and managing the fulfillment of luncheon honoree and sponsor benefits. Liaises with CAC staff, CEW events team, vendors, consultants, and sponsors to implement event components.
7. Prospects, secures and grows National and Regional Conferences on “Work and Cancer” sponsorships. Manages the fulfillment of all sponsor benefits.
8. Executes strategiesfor and contributes content tothe Development group's communications plan and manages the annual communications calendar, including the focus and frequency of e-blasts, blogs and other social media (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram) in coordination with the Program Group.
9. Manages all aspects of the donor database in order to prospect, develop, cultivate, and solicit strategies and to create and manage a donor pipeline. This includes managing the entering, coding, and updating of data and generating standardized lists and reports related to past, current, and potential donors/sponsors.
10. Directs the creation and management of all website content related to development, including both new and updated content, in accordance to both brand and technical standards established by the Executive Director and the Vice President.
11. 10. Perform other duties as assigned.
The Director of Development and Strategic Partnerships is required to attend CEWF/CAC sponsored events throughout the year. Additional travel may be required in support of CEWF/CAC.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to do lift and/or move up to 10 lbs. Must be capable of standing for long periods of time, and able to climb steps, balance, kneel, crouch or crawl to complete his/her duties. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals with disabilities to perform his/her essential job duties.
To apply please send resume plus a targeted cover letter detailing your interest in the role and Cancer and Careers as well as your salary expectations, with Director of Development Search in the subject of the email, to email@example.com
. Generic cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls.
Cancer and Careers
Job Location City:
Job Location State:
Job Location Zip: