NTT DATA, Inc.
Title - Communications Manager
Location - NYC
*Full Time Position
If interested please email Meghan Duffy at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for someone primarily with experience managing a user support/business analyst team.
The Communication Team Manager oversees the FACT team whose tasks break down as follows:
60% - User support and customer service for agencies using the FMS accounting system
15% - Development and maintenance of FMS training materials
15% - Communication and roll out of new FMS functionality
10% - Ongoing communication with city agencies
Our direct client maintains and supports the Financial Management System (FMS) for the City of New York under the direction of the Mayor and the Comptroller. Approximately $100 billion dollars in transactions are processed by FMS annually.
The Communication and Training Team (FACT) supports City agencies' use of the accounting, procurement and budgeting functions of FMS. The FACT Team Manger directs this team of business analysts and is the primary liaison between FISA and City agencies.
The FACT Team Manger's responsibilities include:
* Issue resolution, escalation and business support for City Agencies using FMS
* Create end-user communication materials, including bulletins, user guides, and other written and online materials that explain existing or future system functionality
* Development and maintenance of FMS training materials on the FISA Application Portal
* Analysis, implementation and support of data interfaces between FMS and agency systems
* FACT Team supervision, motivation and development of policies and procedures
* Serve as a subject matter expert of the functionality of FMS Accounting, Procurement and Budgeting
* Manage the workload of the team by assigning tasks, prioritizing workload and monitoring status
* Ensure that standard processes are used by the team for business event documentation, ad-hoc reporting, requirements definition and functional designs
* Ensure cooperative and efficient relationship between FISA and City Agencies
The Fact Team Manager is responsible for the management and activities of a team of business analysts, including:
* Communicate requirements for the implementation of new functionality and provide workshop and written material that explains system functionality
* Interface with business teams and vendors to gather requirements for content of eLearning and other courseware training materials and then author course training materials
* Serve as a liaison between FISA and City agencies, ensuring agency concerns and issues are handled professionally and expediently
* Coordinate/manage Inbound and Outbound FMS Interface initiatives with interfacing agencies. Serve as primary contact for FMS interface issues/questions and participate in functional testing with the interfacing agencies
* Identify and communicate agency concerns and issues to the management and determine how they should be addressed
* Plan, track and report status of agency activities related to the implementation of accounting, budgeting and procurement functionalities
* Write announcements and other agency communications
* Provide assistance, direction and follow up activities for oversight and line agencies in completing functions for accounting and budgeting business events conducted throughout the year
* Investigate software issues reported by the Level end user support or escalated by the Mayor's or Comptroller's office
* Analyze and document business requirements and non-functional requirements of proposed software solutions. Typical solutions come in the form of: new reports, enhancements to existing reports, data fixes, mass data changes (as a substitute for large manual data entry efforts)
* Occasional travel to agencies within the five NYC boroughs is required during business hours
The manager of the team may be expected to perform the above tasks as necessary during peak periods of activity.
Minimum Qualification Requirements
1. A master's degree in computer science from an accredited college and three years of progressively more responsible, full-time, satisfactory experience using information technology in computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, database administration, planning of data/information processing, user services, or area networks at least 18 months of this experience must have been in an administrative, managerial or executive capacity in the areas of computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, data base administration, or planning of data processing or in the supervision of staff performing these duties; or
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and four years of experience as described in \\1 \\ above; or
3. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and six years of experience as described in \\1 \\ above; or
4. A satisfactory combination of education and experience equivalent to \\1 \\, \\2 \\ or \\3 \\ above. However, all candidates must have at least a four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and must possess at least three years of experience as described in \\1 \\ above, including the 18 months of administrative, managerial, executive or supervisory experience as described in \\1 \\ above.
Qualification Requirements (continued)
NOTE: The following types of experience are not acceptable: superficial use of preprogrammed software without complex programming, design, implementation or management of the product; use of word processing packages; use of a hand held calculator; primarily the entering or updating of data in a system; the operation of data processing hardware or consoles.
* The candidate should have current working knowledge of authoring eLearning courseware materials using
e-Learning tools - Articulate Studio 13 and Adobe Captivate 8;
* Ability to create software simulations in a demo or training mode;
* Superb written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to translate IT/financial systems
functionality into effective communications for end user communications;
* Excellent customer service skills;
* Ability to work independently with minimal direction and under pressure with tight deadlines;
* Demonstrated proficiency with MS Access; MS Excel; and other Microsoft tools such as Word, PowerPoint
* Ability to speak in front of large user groups (50 ) and clearly describe how business functions are executed
from within the FMS software and exception process / usage scenarios;
* Ability to orchestrate an end user meeting with the goal of: gathering requirements, gaining consensus
between parties on business issues, taking and-publishing meeting minutes, creating and presenting deliverables
* Knowledge of some or all of the following systems: FMS Budget or FMS Accounting;
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills (Le. analysis, problem re-creation and very detailed oriented);
* Demonstrated ability to manage a team of analysts;
* Demonstrated ability performing project management activities;
* The candidate should have strong knowledge of the full application development and deployment life
* Good work task organizational skills and detailed follow-through skills are required to monitor and report
on the status of development and to resolve issues that are uncovered;
* Work experience should reflect proven ability in developing and delivering successful enterprise wide
applications and in coordinating such
NTT DATA partners with clients to navigate the modern complexities of business and technology, delivering the insights, solutions and outcomes that matter most. We’re a top 10 global IT services and consulting provider that wraps deep industry expertise around a comprehensive portfolio of infrastructure, applications and business process services.