Virginia Commonwealth University
Richmond, VA, United States
Pr, Ecommerce, Media
VP Student Affairs
, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the
experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity,
is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive.
offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
VCU Student Only
Anticipated Hiring Range
Monroe Park Campus
Normal work days
Normal work hours
Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System?
Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment?
Is any portion of this position grant-funded?
Description of the Job
The Public Relations and Social Media Assistant is responsible for the conceptualization and development of promotional communications, social media management and outreach activities to promote the programs, facilities and services offered by the Division of Student Affairs. This position assists in the development and implementation of the Division of Student Affairs communications and marketing plan.
● Develop written content that will be used in various outlets including websites, magazines, social media and a blog.
● Conduct interviews with students, staff and faculty for featured stories.
● Maintain and contribute to Division of Student Affairs online social networking channels including but not limited to Twitter, Instagram and SnapChat.
● Assist in the planning and implementation of divisional social media campaigns and promotional giveaways each semester.
● Maintain a content calendar for all social media platforms and update with metrics on a regular basis.
● Coordinate and participate in divisional promotional activities including informational tables at events and assist with set up and take down of marketing materials.
● Assists with the development of visual strategies to publicize and promote programs and events.
● Provides feedback to supervisors regarding engagement with audience and effectiveness of programs and events.
● Photograph and/or video record Division of Student Affairs programs, events and activities on a regular and scheduled basis.
● Other duties as assigned.
● At least one year of experience and/or coursework in journalistic and/or promotional writing, either at the high school or college level.
● Demonstrated strong verbal communication skills, public speaking, customer service or sales experience.
● Competence in using online social media, ability to use social media appropriately and willingness to learn and apply skills for organizational promotional purposes.
● Strong graphic design, photography and/or videography skills as demonstrated through a portfolio of work.
● Proven ability to work with digital image creation and editing software (Adobe Creative Suite/Creative Cloud experience preferred)
● Proven ability to operate a
camera and produce high-quality images
● Strong organizational, problem solving and planning skills.
● Ability to work as part of a team and work independently.
● Available to work a combination of weekday, evening, and/or weekend hours dependent on program needs.
● Experience developing content for marketing purposes.
● Prior experience/coursework in a combination of photography/videography and graphic design.
● Commitment to working two consecutive semesters in the position.
● Position involves working some evening and weekend hours.
Job Open Date
Remove from posting on or before
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Virginia Commonwealth University
Website : http://www.vcu.edu/
VCU has a tradition of being first — a necessary practice when one is trying to provide the very best education in rapidly evolving times. We put one foot in front of the other, just like everybody else.We just happen to be one step ahead.