The Communications Coordinator assists with the development and implementation of SOAR!s communications strategy. Specifically, this individual manages and maximizes SOAR!s online digital presence, coordinates media relations, and provides assistance with other communications initiatives.
1. Coordinate with the President and Director of Development to develop a yearly media and public relations strategy and communications plan for this Catholic organization.
2. Curate and create a variety of written and visual content for web and social media to promote SOAR! and increase the organizations visibility, relevance and voice.
3. Ensure SOAR!s website content is relevant and consistently up-to-date.
4. Evaluate SOAR!s online presence through use of analytics tools and present quarterly reports on status as well as suggest ways to improve search engine standings and rankings.
5. Write and design emails.
6. Draft and disseminate press releases for grant awards, events, and other projects.
7. Manage relationships with media, communication partners and website vendors.
8. Identify and engage with Catholic and secular sources to share stories of the mission of SOAR!.
9. Assist with planning and public relations for all SOAR! events.
10. Monitor top influencers and trends and engage and share content as applicable.
11. Organize and maintain organizations photo file.
Reports to: President
Education and Experience Requirements:
* Bachelors degree in journalism, public relations or related field
* 2-3 years communications experience is required
* Exceptional written, verbal and oral communications skills
* Proficiency in WordPress and content management systems, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop
****resume to Sister Kathleen Lunsmann at ****