Menlo Park, CA, United States
Marketing Communications Specialist
We are looking for highly motivated Marketing and Communications Specialists to join our Corporate Marketing Communications team in Menlo Park and Princeton. This role is ideal for an up-and-coming marketing professional looking for the opportunity to play a key role in a fast paced, rapid growth environment set in Silicon Valley’s pioneering science and technology research institute. Reporting to the Director of Marketing & Communications, you’ll work closely with Senior Leadership, Business Development and our Research divisions with an immediate impact across SRI International’s brand and product initiatives to increase visibility and influence.
Join us on our mission to make the world a better place together!
In this role you will:
• Contribute directly to SRI International’s internal and external marketing and communications strategy and content delivery across multiple channels including social media accounts, website, email marketing, public relations, internal communications, sales decks and other marketing materials.
• Design and develop multimedia content for the aforementioned channels -visuals, copy, video, audio etc.
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders to gather content to develop external marketing materials such as videos, sales materials, web pages.
• Manage content calendars for social media content, blog posts, email newsletters, and other marketing materials.
• Collaborate with external agencies and freelancers on marketing content, campaigns, and projects.
• Help to build a brand voice and market position that sets SRI International apart from its competitors and tells the story of our mission and products.
• Manage individual marketing campaigns within the marketing department. Examples include co-marketing with client/partner companies, new product launches, event marketing campaigns, and social media campaigns.
• Report for marketing campaigns; including social media engagement and growth reporting, Google Analytics tracking for website performance, and PR campaign reporting.
• Understand the brand’s business context and take a hands-on approach to boosting awareness and engagement on all major digital platforms in a strategic manner.
• Display operational excellence in building, analyzing and optimizing digital campaigns to boost organic traffic to SRI’s website through superior handling of search engine optimization (SEO) tools, and consistent optimization of metadata and content.
• Assist with analyzing web and ad metrics against business goals.
Auto req ID:
Menlo Park, CA, Princeton, NJ
--U.S. Citizenship required.
--Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Business, or relevant field plus 3-6 years of Marketing experience for a Business-to-Business company, brand, design firm or agency.
--U.S. Citizenship required
--Expertise in Japanese language a plus
--Strong interest in the technologies that will shape how people work in the future.
--Startup marketing and communications experience especially in tech, biosciences and education.
Additional skills/experience we are seeking:
• Extensive experience in digital marketing - SEO, Google Ads, Facebook Ads, affiliates, social media, community management, influencer, e-mail marketing.
• Experience with copywriting for digital platforms such as websites, blogs and product-focused marketing communications.
• Experience using marketing, reporting and content management software such as Sprout Social, Hootsuite, MailChimp, and Google Analytics other ad tools.
• Strong organizational and management agility
• Expert skills in communications, media relations, writing, message development and reputation management
• Excellent skills in design -thinking; a well-established graphic design portfolio
• Excellent cross-functional project management skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously, while prioritizing high-return work
• Ability to effectively manage high-pressure crisis situations, and work in situations of ambiguity to define a clear path
• Ability to weave multiple communications programs into a cohesive brand story
• Excellent relationship-building skills
• Scrappy, resourceful and relentless in trying to find a solution before escalating issues
• Ability to anticipate potential problems and knows when to ask for help
• Ability to flex your schedule to be available to support urgent business needs
• A great communicator - via email, by phone, in person-and simultaneously
• Passion for science, technology and research
• A ‘can-do’ attitude combined with a strong sense of fun
SRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Candidates who receive a conditional offer of employment will be subject to a background check.
Website : http://www.sri.com