Operational Communications Specialist
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Military Experience Welcomed!
Fuel the customer experience transformation at Comcast by joining the West Division Operational Content and Communications team and changing the way we empower frontline employees with the knowledge they need to serve customers. By leveraging your skills as a writer, editor, and designer, you will create compelling communications and knowledge management content in support of a fast-moving customer service operation. You will learn the inner workings of our frontline organizations, build strategic relationships at all levels of the business, and pioneer new approaches and mechanisms to informing our frontlines. We are looking for a self-starter who has a passion for writing and communications strategy, excels at building client relationships, and thrives under the pressure of deadline.
- Authors, edits, and publishes customer-impacting, operational content on deadline
- Implements best practices for online communications and translates complex information in easy-to-understand phrasing and formats
- Advises clients on sound communications strategies and tactics
- Builds integrated communication plans in support of cross-functional project teams
- Adapts to change with agility and flexibility; develops innovative approaches to communicating with audiences and delivering for clients
- Manages the organization, documentation, and publication of all customer-impacting content and communications.
- Coordinates with content providers in the design and development of job aids, learning tools, and other communications to enhance user effectiveness.
- Creates strategy and messaging; reviews and edits content of communications materials to ensure content meets established communications standards and guidelines before publication. Ensures prior approvals are coordinated and obtained prior to publishing
- Maintains existing documentation to ensure accuracy and relevance.
- Designs and maintains user feedback reporting systems and provides actionable insight to ensure optimal communications performance.
- Participates in activities designed to improve customer satisfaction and business performance.
- Keeps communications fresh, creative, and engaging.
- Provides mentoring and guidance to Employee Communications Specialist team.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Education Level-Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
Years of Experience-Generally requires 5-7 years related experience
- Preferred: Degree in Journalism, Public Relations, English, Technical Writing, Mass Communications Studies or Graphic Design
- Preferred: Past professional experience working in journalism, knowledge management, internal communications, or external communications
- Preferred: Experience with online publishing tools/HTML
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Website : http://corporate.comcast.com
Comcast Corporation operates as a media and technology company worldwide. It operates through Cable Communications, Cable Networks, Broadcast Television, Filmed Entertainment, and Theme Parks segments. The Cable Communications segment offers video, high-speed Internet, and voice services to residential and business customers under the XFINITY brand name. This segment also provides business services, such as cellular backhaul services to mobile network operators; Ethernet network services; and online advertising services. The Cable Networks segment operates national cable networks, which provide entertainment, news and information, and sports content; regional sports and news networks; international channels; and cable television production operations, as well as owns digital media properties. The Broadcast Television segment operates NBC and Telemundo broadcast networks, NBC and Telemundo owned local broadcast television stations, and broadcast television production operations, as well as owns digital media properties. The Filmed Entertainment segment produces, acquires, markets, and distributes live-action and animated filmed entertainment under the Universal Pictures, Focus Features, and Illumination names. This segment also develops, produces, and licenses stage plays, as well as owns digital media properties. The Theme Parks segment operates theme parks; studios; Island of adventures; and a dining, retail, and entertainment complex. Comcast Corporation was founded in 1963 and is headquartered in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.