S. B. Ballard Construction Company
S.B. Ballard Construction Company; a leading General Contractor/Construction Manager servicing the Mid-Atlantic region, Headquartered in Virginia Beach, VA seeks an experienced Proposal Writer/Coordinator. The successful candidate will present creative proposal content in a clear, concise, and compelling manner that continues to help our team to win premiere projects.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
* Candidates chosen for interview should be prepared to provide writing samples
* A technical background/understanding of construction, and program/project management
* A proven ability to interact and remain productive in large bid/proposal teams.
* Must have proven resume and sample documents demonstrating ability to produce creative, compelling (and winning) responses to requests and solicitations.
* Must also have the ability to PERSONALLY GENERATE/write/develop creative, compelling (and winning) written responses to requests and solicitations.
* Must be deadline-driven and have ability to work and succeed in fast-paced and high-stress environments.
* Ability to work collaboratively with subject matter experts, key stakeholders, managers and leaders to achieve desired outcomes
* Presentation skills and the ability to communicate, influence, and gain commitment of proposal team
* Possess innate desire to develop and shape winning sales documents and proposal strategy.
* Nature of your education will be evaluated for career experience supporting the A/E/C industry - construction-related profession is preferred.
* Superior writing skills and proficiency in MS Office programs
* Superior proficiency in Adobe InDesign & Photoshop
* Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills with a positive attitude
* Flexibility and capability to work multiple projects with tight deadlines
* Experienced in developing compliant and compelling proposals
* Proactive approach/self-starter/takes initiative
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
* Reviews and analyzes SOQs, RFQs, RFPs etc; develops complete management and/or technical volume responses, outlines and organizes the approach for delivering a winning response
* Work with Business Development and Marketing to manage the full life cycle of the proposal response process from analysis of RFP to final production and submission of proposals (to include printing/binding)
* Writes complete technical and management proposals coordinating as necessary with business units, operational/current program personnel and centers of excellence
* Makes recommendation on how to best respond to the RFP meeting or exceeding the customers requirements, within company guidelines and the competitive environment
* Manage technical information from existing written materials, staff interviews/questionnaires, and Internet research.
* Reviews and analyzes technical sections received from operating units and develops standardized sections
* Develops themes, differentiators and key success factors based on the Proposal Plan
* Develops proposal features, benefits, graphics and proof points
* Preparing presentation materials for client interviews
* Assisting with developing and supporting visibility initiatives (e-blasts, social media campaigns, newsletters, sbballard content, etc.)
* Coordinating and occasionally attending industry events and conferences
* Maintaining SBBCC brand standards, mission, vision etc across all marketing efforts
* Participating in Development Strategy Meetings, workshops, and professional development activities
* Manages and integrates writer work products, ensuring proposal compliance and uniformity
* Interviews program managers and technical experts and develops proposal narratives
* Resolves issues collaboratively with originating authors or team members
* Writes, edits, and rewrites technical sections
* Monitors and ensures on-time delivery of technical information from business units and centers of excellence
* Directs development of appropriate graphics such as illustrations, images, charts and tables
* Maintain configuration management and control of active and archived proposal files stored on virtual collaboration web sites (SharePoint) and on the network file server
* Study and analyze previous proposals from SBBCC to fine tune our approach for new proposals
* Write/edit/proofread/format/maintain staff resumes and input text and certifications, roles, responsibilities, etc. to SharePoint in collaboration with Human Resources to ensure consistency
Responsibility across multiple, concurrent projects, this position is characterized by shifting priorities, stringent deadlines, last minute requirements, and frequent evening/weekend hours to accomplish tasks for client deadlines.
S. B. Ballard offers a competitive pay and benefit package. We are a drug-free workplace and all applicants considered for employment must pass a post-offer drug screen and background check prior to commencing employment.
S. B. Ballard Construction Company