Bowers & Wilkins
Bowers & Wilkins is an award-winning performance audio company with deep British roots that produces reference quality hi-fi, home theatre and portable audio products that are found in top-end studios such as Abbey Road, London and Skywalker Sound, California. Bowers & Wilkins was recently acquired by a Californian audio-visual start-up with some of the leading names from the Valley. The next phase of the journey will see a re-imagining of the home entertainment space.
Working with the VP of Brand Marketing this role will be responsible for managing all PR activities for the brand in North America as well as participating in Global PR activities. This role will provide strategic direction as well as the day to day management of all Public Relations activities including media relations, trade shows, press releases, content generation, as well as experiential and consumer facing programs. You will manage the end to end planning, strategy creation, activations and measurement of all PR elements.
You'll be instrumental in supporting the global integrated marketing team, sales team, and responsible for directly driving the Public Relations processes. This is an ideal role or someone that is a risk taker, a marketer and a story-teller. You should have the ability to create big ideas and implement them with a positive attitude. You pride yourself on creating new strategies and inspiring others to believe in them.
· Build and maintain strong media relations, proactively pitch, and prepare briefings
· Prepare and participate in all media requests, interviews, photograph requests and follow up
· Manage the North American PR agency day to day
· Develop and write compelling content for industry news, press releases, backgrounders, bio’s, feature stories, speaking points, reactive and proactive statements on the brand, products, industry and people
· Partner with the larger marketing group to help develop and advise on compelling content for various mediums and channels
· Develop strategic, effective, and results-oriented public relations campaigns and story ideas
· Develop, manage and attend key tradeshows, PR events, and brand activations
· Own influencer marketing, seeding, and industry programs
· Manage external speaking opportunities, attend networking events, and conferences as required
· Develop, maintain, and publish a global marketing calendar across all marketing departments
· Report out on PR activities and metrics across the organization
· Keep current on industry, issues, and news with timely updates to the larger organization
· Successfully manage complex products with fast-moving and unexpected communications challenges
· 7 years of Marketing experience and 5 years of Public Relations experience required
· Critical, creative, and innovative thinker is a must
· Must be able to juggle many priorities under tight deadlines while being highly detailed and organized
· Creates an inclusive and creative environment
· Comfortable speaking in public and performing product demonstrations
· Strong copy writing and grammar skillset
· Must be able to lift 25lbs and be able to stand for extended periods of time
· Exceptional collaborative skills and experience working in a matrix organization
· Position requires travel domestically and internationally (approximately 15-25%)
· Four-year degree; MA / MS / MBA preferred
Bowers & Wilkins Benefits:
• Beautiful office in sunny Redwood city, steps away from the Caltrain station
• Health Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• 401(k) Plan
• Discounted premium products from B&W
• Amazing and supportive team environment
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
You may click here
to apply for this job at SmartRecruiters.
View More Bowers & Wilkins Jobs
Bowers & Wilkins