Sr Analyst IT - Organizational Change Management
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Exelon IT Organizational Change Management Sr. Analyst is part of the Enterprise Wide Solutions Corporate Projects Center team, supporting the execution of change programs that help to ensure the success and effectiveness of change initiatives related to major Corporate Application and Infrastructure projects.
The IT Organizational Change Management Sr. Analyst is a general organizational change management practitioner, responsible for creating and executing Organizational Change Management activities for the Application and Infrastructure projects, within the IT Enterprise Wide Solutions group. The Sr. Analyst, Organizational Change Management is accountable for developing and executing organizational change plans for Application and/or Infrastructure projects in alignment with the IT Organizational Change Management methodology.
The IT Organizational Change Management Sr. Analyst will work with the appropriate Project Managers, and other business stakeholders to ensure effective organizational change management strategies are utilized to help employees transition from the current state to the desired future state, based on project goals. The IT Organizational Change Management Sr. Analyst will develop and deliver stakeholder engagement, communication, training and other organizational change management plans and activities as assigned for Application and Infrastructure projects, will work closely with key Creative Arts, Media, and Strategic Communications team members, and will support multiple projects with oversight from the assigned Organizational Change Management Lead Analyst.
The individual within the role should be a strategic, critical thinker who is able to:
- Effectively translate business strategy into practical organizational change strategies
- Effectively manage relationships within the matrixed organization
- Resolve and coordinate complex issues associated with driving change within IT and the business
- Execute on multiple large-scale projects at the same time
This position reports to the Corporate Projects Center IT Organizational Change Management Manager who reports to the Sr. Manager, IT EWS Corporate Projects Center.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Build strong relationships with IT project managers, key business stakeholders and IT leaders to become a trusted advisor, providing strategic organizational change management support with the goal of helping the IT projects achieve their expected benefits and adoption targets, while meeting their complex organizational change needs; enterprise-wide impacts and scope. 10%
Organizational Change Management Development and Delivery 70%
- Create organizational change management deliverables that drive adoption and commitment to project based organizational change initiatives.
- Work with Organizational Change Management Lead Analyst to manage scope and expectations.
- Perform, manage, and appropriately document organizational change management activities relating to projects, sub-projects, or processes.
- Develop and deliver organizational change management deliverables, including but not limited to: Organizational Change Plan and Timeline, Change Readiness Assessment, Stakeholder Analysis and Stakeholder Engagement Plan and associated materials, Change Impact Assessment, Leadership Action Plans, Communications Plan and associated communications, Training Curriculum, Training Plan, Training modules, Change Measurement Approach and Change Measurement Tool Execution.
- Design and develop visually appealing graphic content to achieve organizational change strategies and objectives
- Partner with project managers and appropriate levels of leadership to gather relevant content, required to create organizational change management deliverables.
- Identify and prioritizes change-related issues and risks, define action plans, and lead mitigation techniques
Maintain and enhance engagement with Corporate Communications, IT Communications, Exelon business and Corporate Project Center partners and other stakeholders. 5%
Support internal business operations best practices & research; stay current with organizational change management methods and technologies and recommend use as appropriate. 5%
Maintain technical knowledge and business acumen within own discipline or function. 5%
Other organizational change related tasks as required. 5%
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Change Management, Communications/Marketing, or related discipline.
- 3-5 years' experience in Strategic Organizational Change Management associated with large scale organizational change initiatives.
- Experience/knowledge of organizational change management principles, methodologies, and tools.
- Visual and graphic design expertise and ability to efficiently translate complex messaging into user-friendly deliverables including but not limited to infographics, newsletters, and presentations using tools such as MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Exceptional written, verbal and visual communication skills; able to express messages in different ways in order to facilitate a better understanding.
- Training development experience, preferably using Adobe Captivate.
- Able to identify who is impacted by a change and how. Able to foster advocacy and ownership.
- Able to utilize in-house tools (Excel with macros) to develop organizational change work plans.
- Develop and deliver creative, visually impactful, consistent messages in a systematic, ongoing manner, involving the right people at the right time.
- Excellent active listening skills, adapts communications style as needed to best suit the audience and situation. Agile, with a learning mindset.
- Track record of taking initiative/building bridges between teams to drive results. Able to build organizational and individual trust.
- Experience with large-scale organizational change efforts. Able to simplify the complex, making it easy for people to understand the changes, what they need to do, and how to succeed.
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a fast, complex, and changing environment.
- Master's degree in Communications or Marketing
- Project management skills (PMP certification a plus)
- Experience working at a large consulting firm, Utility company or other Regulatory company
- Exposure to ERP system implementations
- Exposure to IT Infrastructure project implementations
- CCMP or PROSCI Certification
- Knowledge of current change theories, applications, and best practices in organizational change strategy, project management, and problem solving.
- Knowledge and skills in the area of organizational change management
- Experience in project management and workplan creation
- Consistent production of superior deliverables
- Ability to identify and resolve conflict
- Ability to develop recommendations to encourage synergy and alignment
- Ability to identify, manage and champion areas of change resistance
- Able to plan, develop and deliver creative, visually impactful, consistent messages in systematic, ongoing manner, involving the right people at the right time.
- Strong meeting, group and team facilitation skills.
- Able to work effectively at all levels of the organization.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
Headquartered in Chicago, Exelon has operations and business activities in 47 states, the District of Columbia and Canada. The company is one of the largest competitive U.S. power generators, with approximately 34,700 megawatts of owned capacity comprising one of the nation’s cleanest and lowest-cost power generation fleets. Its Constellation business unit provides energy products and services to approximately 100,000 business and public sector customers and approximately 1 million residential customers. Exelon’s utilities deliver electricity and natural gas to more than 6.6 million customers in central Maryland (BGE), northern Illinois (ComEd) and southeastern Pennsylvania (PECO).