We are seeking a Senior Technical Writer to document our client’s systems, architectures and business processes. Candidates must be an experienced technical writer, specialized in documenting hardware, systems, application programming interfaces (APIs) documentation, other highly technical deliverables and business processes.
*** This is a 6 month contract right-to-hire position in Melbourne, Florida. Local (Melbourne/Florida Space Coast) candidates will only be considered. ***
The ideal candidate is highly organized, has excellent communications skills, and a passion for distilling complex systems and concepts into concise user documentation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the preparation, review, revision, and maintenance of technical documents including hardware, software and systems engineering, system operations, and user documentation.
• High-visibility, user-facing role that relies upon expert communication, and user-interaction skills to professionally interact with business partners, development teams and senior management.
• Writes and edits technical documentation, end-user and client documentation for all of the project’s hardware and software to include installation, configuration and how-to documentation.
• Work with developers, engineers and other business partners to produce quality documentation and training materials
• Research highly technical subject matter, organizes information from multiples sources, and express technical information in written form that is comprehensible to a wide audience of readers
• Experience in or Bachelors’ degree in English, Communications, Technical Communications, Journalism, Instructional design or equivalent, with 2-5 years’ work experience required.
• Strong verbal, written communication, and analytical skills.
• Solid understanding of business processes, process procedure documentation required.
• Advanced proficiency in Excel, Word, Visio and PowerPoint or similar tools, required.
• Proven experience managing and meeting deadlines.
• Understanding of Cloud, IoT (Internet of Things), Security and API technologies and architectures, a plus.