Creative Studio Writing Internship
This twelve-week, part-time internship is scheduled to begin in August 2018
RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS
The Cambia Creative Studio team is looking for a talented, motivated intern with strong communication skills. The Creative Studio Writing Intern will work with marketing strategists, brand team and other key stakeholders to provide copywriting, message development, proofreading and editing for sales, marketing, events, sponsorships and brand collateral.
* Provides copywriting/editing for channels such as print, digital and web
* Write copy, adjusting voice and tone to reflect personality, strategy and value props of Cambia companies and their products
* Supports the monitoring and enforcement of branding guidelines
* Opportunity to collaborate on omni-channel marketing campaigns from concept through production
* Opportunity to work with cross-functional teams, marketing managers and other internal stakeholders
Key Qualifications and Experience:
* Currently pursuing a degree in English, communications, marketing or a related discipline (candidates who have completed their degree in the last three months are also encouraged to apply)
* Minimum of junior undergraduate standing (graduate students are also welcome to apply)
* Minimum of 3.0 cumulative undergraduate G.P.A.
* Strong advertising/marketing writing, editing and proofreading skills
* Ability to turn complex subject matter into easy-to-understand language
* Strong attention to detail
* Thorough knowledge of AP style, grammar and usage rules
* Ability to develop working relationships with team members and internal partners
* Willingness to learn and take creative direction from senior team members
* General knowledge of marketing concepts and strategies
* Ability to work independently, handle multiple projects simultaneously and meet aggressive deadlines for creative-driven work
* Flexibility in dealing with changing schedules and multiple points of view
* A proven ability to work independently on multiple projects while meeting deadlines
* Experience using MS Office (specifically Word and PowerPoint)
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
This position is being posted at pay level 7 and 11.
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
We have nearly a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members. We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.
Since then, Cambia and its companies have been on a continuous journey, creating and investing in innovations designed to serve the changing needs of individuals and families in our communities and beyond. This includes nurturing and growing our wide range of Direct Health Solutions companies, as well as providing the best care possible with our Health Insurance Services companies, which insure more than 2 million people in four states.