Warren Distribution, Inc
The Outreach and Recruitment Specialist is responsible for implementing creative recruiting and retention strategies designed to attract and retain the most talented applicants. The individual in this position is also responsible for supporting and improving an onboarding, development, and engagement process in support of the company’s strategic goal of being an employer of choice.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function.
• Partner with hiring managers to develop and implement sourcing strategies (for passive and active candidates) to meet current and future hiring needs and build candidate pipelines in direct support of annual business goals and objectives. Source candidates not just for “here and now” but also building a passive network of candidates who can be activated for the “roles of tomorrow”.
• Monitor and analyze talent acquisition analytics and relevant data.
• Identify, arrange, set-up, and represent the company at recruiting events.
• Develop and support community outreach programs to build employer brand and to identify and attract the best talent.
• Develop strategic and effective recruitment messages, flyers, campaigns, and social media initiatives.
• Collaborate with management team to set recruiting goals and anticipate staffing needs. Understand recruiting needs and job requirements, and advise on most appropriate action.
• Identify and implement recruiting processes and procedures, including setting expectations with hiring managers, discussing candidate assessments, facilitating learning related to interview skills, etc.
• Represent Warren Distribution as an Employer of Choice through knowledge of Warren Distribution employer branding, in depth understanding of the company’s business and knowledge of the labor market.
• Champion the culture of Warren Distribution to others and assist with the development of associate engagement programs.
• Network through industry contacts, association memberships, trade groups and current associates to support passive candidate recruiting and appropriately leverage referral programs.
• Collaborate with HR team to implement a combination of core learning and development solutions aligned with business needs, labor and employment laws and regulations, and the company’s strategic plan.
• Assist with on-going associate communication and training to ensure all benefit and HR programs are easily and fully understood and valued by all associates, utilizing an array of media.
• Assist department in carrying out various human resource programs and procedures for all company associates.
• Maintain an open and candid working relationship with immediate supervisor/manager in discussing matters of importance.
• Adhere to established company values, practices, policies and procedures at all times. Follow and support compliance with all applicable safety rules, laws, regulations, and standards.
• Demonstrate regular and punctual attendance at the assigned work location. Travel nationwide (via automobile and airplane) up to 40% of the time to participate in job fairs and on campus recruiting and other events and as needed to perform essential duties.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Although not essential to the position, the individual may be asked to perform other duties as requested by management.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
An individual qualified for this job must be able to:
• Demonstrate a deep passion and expertise in sourcing for passive candidates using nontraditional tools.
• Demonstrate a strong sense of urgency, attention to detail and professionalism.
• Develop creative approaches to add applicants to the candidate pipeline.
• Proactively network and establish effective working relationships with internal and external customers, vendors, and community members and resources.
• Demonstrate strong interviewing, evaluation and negotiation skills.
• Respond to associates’ questions/concerns in a courteous, pleasant manner.
• Effectively collaborate with all levels of associates and managers.
• Demonstrate a proven track record of utilizing internet, multimedia, and social media outlets to promote organizational awareness among targeted candidate audiences.
• Demonstrate knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations in payroll and human resources.
• Demonstrate excellent PC (Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point & Outlook) and social media skills.
• Demonstrate working knowledge of HR information systems (UltiPro preferred).
• Perform duties with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
• Display a high level of focus and orientation in providing exceptional internal client service and an unrelenting focus on service excellence.
• Respond appropriately during times of increased workload and tight deadlines.
• Effectively and professionally communicate with co-workers, team members, and internal or external customers in writing, in person and on the phone.
• Read, analyze, and interpret professional journals, policies and procedures, and governmental laws and regulations.
• Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of internal or external customers. Write professional reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Efficiently perform accurate mathematical calculations.
• Pay attention to details and pursue quality in accomplishing work duties and tasks. Look for opportunities to reduce costs or increase productivity without reducing effectiveness.
• Handle challenges skillfully, thoroughly, and effectively; resolve problems quickly and effectively.
• Independently take advantage of opportunities to improve or increase skills, abilities and job knowledge.
• Make sure that work is delivered on time and of high quality.
• Develop good work practices in order to get the job done.
• Use equipment, resources and time in an efficient and effective manner.
• Use good judgment when making decisions.
• Perform work in a safe manner at all times.
• Take direction and work well with others.
• Tell the truth and be honest in all interactions and dealings with co-workers, internal and external customers, and vendors.
• Do the right thing, even when it is difficult.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, AND CERTIFICATIONS
• Bachelor’s degree in business, communication, marketing, or similar discipline and at least 2 years’ experience recruiting in corporate environment or building outreach programs; or a combination of related work experience and college course work that demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above duties.
• Valid driver’s license with a safe driving record.
• PHR, CPLP or other HR or learning-related certification is highly desirable.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the Essential Functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• This is a desk-based job and will require the individual to remain seated for long periods of time and have the manual dexterity to operate office equipment such as computer keyboard, mouse, calculator, phone, copier/scanner, and similar machines.
The environmental conditions described here are representative of those the associate encounters while performing the Essential Functions of the job.
• Travel is required up to 40% of the time.
• When not travelling, the individual will work in an office setting in the same room as other individuals. Noise levels are average for an office and include conversation and/or office equipment noise.
• While performing duties at manufacturing and distribution facilities, the individual may be exposed to hazardous physical or chemical conditions, including mechanical parts, electrical currents, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts, gasses, poor ventilation, extreme temperatures, and intense noise.
The Company will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Amendments.
Warren Distribution is a privately owned manufacturer, marketer and distributor of automotive aftermarket products. Our organization is committed to continuous improvement in: Understanding what will make our Customers successful, then providing differentiated, value-added products and services that will exceed their expectations. Developing long-term, mutally beneficial relationships with Suppliers. Maintaining fairness, dignity, respect, and equal opportunity for all Associates in a motivating, challenging, rewarding and safe work environment. Embracing high standards for the ethical, environmental and legal conduct of our business.