DeltaV Value/Non-Traditional Strategy Manager','18011740','United States-Texas-Austin','','Marketing','Aug 10, 2018','!*!Description
The DeltaV Strategy Manager understands the control system customer value metrics, as well as the market price pressures of DeltaV in the global marketplace.
This position is responsible for determining the competitive, value product vision, portfolio and detailed product requirements, ensuring that product functionality delivered matches our customers value and price requirements to increase market share.
This position will also be responsible for developing business case templates and leading the other Product Managers in development of their business justifications, product business cases and product adoption analysis for their respective product areas.
This role has leadership and visibility opportunities throughout the company; the responsibilities of the role are key to the company’s overall success.
Lead the development, product positioning and presentation of the global value/non-traditional product portfolio vision and direction. Define the product portfolio strategy, feature set and positioning, based on market and competitive analysis. Capture, analyze and communicate the market assessments and perceptions of different types of users, world areas, industries, etc. Define, based on market inputs, the key customer needs, use cases, and solution requirements.
Lead the product manager development and presentation of their business cases for each innovation/development opportunity and help the product managers put together their business justifications and product adoption analysis. Create and maintain business/strategy tools (e.g. work with Finance to have an approved Excel business case template, etc.)
Work together with the New Product Development group on the gate review process to ensure the proper approval steps are in place.
Work together with the pricing team to define the value of each product to define the price strategies.
• Understand the value of the product features in value and non-traditional control system marketplace such that the Emerson organization can capture value and increased market share by delivering this functionality to that marketplace
• Define the product and solutions vision, portfolio, market and functional requirements based on customer functional, usability and robustness requirements, ensuring product requirements reflect the broader need of our primary markets
• Provide marketing leadership (i.e. guidance, direction, and oversight) to ensure that market requirements are clearly understood and addressed within the product development process
• Support the product marketing managers to put together the business cases and justifications for their different projects
• Work with DeltaV MARCOM team to develop a product launch, rollout, promotional plans and associated marketing collateral (e.g. product data sheets, presentations, brochures, videos) that will ensure the successful promotion of the products in the marketplace
• Provide sales support on unreleased products for key accounts and critical project pursuits
• Provide support for Emerson “internal events” and tradeshows
• Develop and submit papers for publication in process control and industry trade journals
Additional InformationThis position will include up to 15% domestic and international travel.','!*!Requirements
• Bachelors of Science degree in Engineering, Computer Science or similar technical degree with a minimum of 6 years of related experience or a MS degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or similar technical degree with a minimum of 5 years of related experience
• 3 years of business planning, marketing, sales, or project (design, implementation, commissioning, startup and maintenance) experience with DeltaV control system or competitive process automation and control systems, preferably in oil and gas, refining, chemical, life sciences, and/or specialty chemical
• Experience with process control industry value versus price considerations
• Experience with finance, business planning and investment justification
• Demonstrated abilities to lead a team where there is no direct reporting relationship (influence management)
• Demonstrated presentation skills (must be able to effectively communicate a vision)
• Strong written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability as a “self-starter”
• Demonstrated comfort in dealing with and managing ambiguity
• MBA degree
• Familiarity with the Emerson Automation Solutions and PSS / PSG organizations
• Experience in managing complex product development issues such as product life cycle, product support and product target costing
• Experience writing business plans to justify products or product features
• Experience in marketing communications (data sheets, flyers, brochure development, web page / web site development, etc.)
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace **** (V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to ****.','!*!About EmersonImagine being surrounded by intelligent, driven, and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal—to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Emerson is a global technology and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency, and create sustainable infrastructure.A dynamic environment is what you’ll discover at Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $14.5 billion in sales and 155 manufacturing locations worldwide. Together, we’re changing the world, and we have all the resources to help you achieve your professional goals.Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options, or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.','DeltaV Value/Non-Traditional Strategy Manager