$60K - $69K
Role: Donor Relations Director
Department: Donor Relations
Reports to: Director, Donor Relations
The Donor Relations Director is responsible for qualifying a caseload of 150 donors then managing the relationships with those donors for the purpose of retaining and upgrading them and seeking transformational gifts.
- Actively qualify 150 donors from a caseload pool.
- Create plans for each donor on the caseload that are driven by the donor's passions and interests and take into account the donor's communication preferences.
- Set goals for each donor on the caseload that are personal to that donor and take into account the donor's past giving and their capacity.
- Work the plan that has been created.
- Provide leadership support to volunteer-led affinity group(s) that serve to enhance the mission and philanthropic investment in United Way's work.
- Main appropriate records on all prospects and donors. Provide progress reports. Ensure confidentiality of sensitive prospect and donor information.
In addition to the core responsibilities of the position, may be asked, or may seek, to engage unique abilities, strengths and passions through participation on cross-functional teams.
- Communicates Effectively
- Relationship Management
- Continuous Learning
- Drives for Results
- Problem Solving / Critical Thinking
- Customer Focus
- Teamwork and Inclusion
- Builds Effective Teams
- Decision Quality
- Plans and Aligns
- Drives Engagement
- Excellent listening, writing, persuasion, negotiation and consultative selling skills
- Strong presentation, public speaking, and project management abilities
- Maintain a solid understanding of and passion for United Way programs and initiatives
- Presence and confidence to project credibility to high-income prospects and donors
- A bachelor's degree in business, marketing, sales, public relations or a related field
- Professional certification in fundraising or planned giving would be a plus
- A minimum of 5-7 years in development, relationship management or the equivalent; 3-5 years of fund development experience preferred.
United Way for Southeastern Michigan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. It should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all required duties, responsibilities and skills. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable disabled individuals to perform the essential functions of the job.
Website : http://www.progayjobs.com/
Thank you for your interest in ProGayJobs, the leading organization dedicated exclusively to the employment needs of the GLBT professional workforce. ProGayJobs' mission is two-fold: 1) To assist the GLBT workforce in finding satisfying, enriching jobs with companies that offer: freedom from discrimination and harassment because of their sexual orientation and / or gender, equal benefits for the partners of GLBT employees as compared to those offered to the spouses of married employees, and equal opportunity for advancement and career development